Share article Wild Planet on:
Share article Suntreat on:
The Wild Way
Born from a sense of reverence for the natural marine ecosystem, Wild Planet offers consumers a wide variety of premium, sustainably sourced seafood containing abundant essential nutrients. Wildly Good, Wildly Delicious and Wildly good for you!
Fishing for Change
Because Wild Planet supports selective harvest practices, all tuna is caught by pole and line or trolling methods. Because these methods catch the target species one fish at a time, there is very low incidence of by-catch of other species or juveniles of the target species.
Wild Planet tuna is cooked right in the can, retaining the nutrient-rich, omega-3 fatty acids and the natural juices—a difference you can taste because there isn’t any added water. Equally delicious and versatile are Wild Planet’s other products—omega-3-rich species such as mackerel, white anchovies and sardines. You’ll also find amazing flavor in the wild salmon products, caught in Alaska by small-scale fishing families.
Home on the Range
Wild Planet believes that a healthy planet is comprised of both living water and living soil. To that end, the company now provides a land-based protein – Organic Roasted Chicken Breast, raised on a diet which includes non-GMO corn grown on land that is free from chemical fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. These chemicals eventually run off and enter the oceans. Wild Planet’s support of organic farming is a step towards keeping waterways and oceans clean and healthy, and is considered to be the land-based equivalent of sustainable pole and line fishing.
Video Description: Learn how the tuna sourced for Wild Planet by the use of sustainable fishing methods minimizes the bycatch of millions of pristine sea creatures.
Ready to give Wild Planet a try? Check out these easy and family-friendly recipes:
Wild Planet Protein Cheese Melt Bar
- Pick your Wild Planet Protein (30z.) Pouch: Albacore, Skipjack, Pink Salmon or Sockeye Salmon
- Pick your base: bagel, wheat bread, flat bread, tortilla, gluten-free breads, hardy greens (kale, spinach, cabbage slaw, etc)
- Pick your condiment: Mayo, Aioli, Mustard, Hummus, Guacamole, Olive Tapenade, Olive Oil, etc.
- Pick Your cheese: American, cheddar, mozzarella, feta, dairy-free options, ect.
- Assemble protein, condiments and cheese on base and toast in a toaster oven until cheese has melted.
Wild Planet Sustainable Seafood Snack Bar
- Pick your Wild Planet Protein: Choose between a variety of deliciously nutritious sustainable sourced seafood – sardines, anchovies, yellowtail, mackerel
- Pick your base: rice cracker, nut cracker, saltines, baguette, toast, etc (gluten-free options available)
- Pick your topping: hot sauce, aioli, BBQ Sauce, mustard, mayo, olive tapenade, etc
- Assemble protein and condiments on base and enjoy!
Wild Planet Organic Chicken Salad
- Wild Planet Organic Chicken, 1 can per 1 -2 servings
- Pico de Gallo, ½ cup per can of chicken
- Broccoli & Carrot Slaw, use ½ cup per can of chicken
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add and mix together all the chicken and its juices in a bowl.
- Fold in the pico de gallo and slaw.
- Taste and season accordingly.
- Eat or store in fridge for 5-7 days.
- Tip: This salad makes a fantastic recipe for weekly meal prep!
Share article Love Crunch on:
The Griffith family has been cultivating citrus in the San Joaquin Valley since 1958. Today, they partner with 150 third- and fourth-generation family farmers to deliver top-quality fruit. All of their citrus is grown in the heart of California’s agricultural region where the fertile soil, warm summers and cool winters are ideal for producing the sweetest fruit.
Bringing the Best to You
Utilizing technology, Suntreat is able to trace their fruit from the day it was picked in the grove, until the day it arrives in stores, ensuring food safety. And, automated grading machines make sure the fruit Suntreat ships is always high-quality. The end result: the tastiest citrus!
Educating Today’s Youth
Suntreat’s Outdoor Education Center creates a place to give back to the community. Linking the past and the future, their 187-tree working citrus grove is part of the Ranch Camp program that honors Orange County’s history while educating today’s youth about the importance of agricultural science.
Suntreat provides us with juiciest and sweetest Sumo Citrus Mandarins. They’re available—but, only for a limited time! With a rich history dating back to 1970s Japan, these oversized mandarins were bred to combine the easy-to-peel, Japanese Satsuma with the vibrant California orange. Sumo Citrus® have a bumpy, loose peel and sport a topknot with a perfectly balanced, sweet citrus flavor you won’t want to miss.
Share article Cal-Organic Farms on:
Sweet beginnings …
Not everyone can say their wedding favors were such a hit they went on to become part of the family legacy, but that’s exactly what happened when Arjan and Rimjhim shared their granola, Love Crunch, with their guests. Arjan is the son of Nature’s Path Organic founders Arran and Ratana Stephens. Their Love Crunch granola was such a success, Nature’s Path made it an official product.
Love Crunch’s sweet beginnings aren’t just a story—exquisite organic ingredients like fair trade dark chocolate, red berries and crunchy peanuts make for a delicious breakfast or snack. Even better, you can give back with every bite through their Bite4Bite program. For every Love Crunch product sold, the equivalent is donated to food banks in need—making this granola worth falling for.
Love Crunch Giveaway
Enter for a chance to win a Breville Barista TouchTM
- Download the Sprouts app and create an account
- Log into you account
- Go to the digital coupon section
- Clip the Love Crunch sweepstakes entry
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Official rules
Share article Stay Driven with MRM on:
Since 1984, when the Duncan family started farming a quarter acre of lettuce in Lamont, California, they have expanded their organic farm to include more than 65 seasonal and year-round vegetables. Today, Cal-Organic Farms is the largest organic vegetable producer in the U.S.—100% of which is grown on family-owned acreage. They believe in doing everything it takes to provide vibrant and nutritious organic produce that you and your family will love.
Farmed with Pride & Integrity
Striving to be good stewards of the land by advancing innovation in farming, Cal Organic surpasses the standard for organic practices. Their farmers use composted manures, cover crops and crop rotation to enrich the soil naturally and prevent erosion. When it comes to pests and weeds, they turn to natural sources like populations of beneficial insects and use cover crops to divert attention away from their precious organic plants.
Share article MRM on:
Protein & Oat Bars
These bars are a great way to easily add nutrients to your diet. In just a few steps, you’ll have granola bars to last you a full week. They can also be easily customized to fit into your lifestyle.
1. Add oats, chocolate chips and protein powder to a food processor and blitz until coarse.
2. Add oil, peanut butter and honey and blend for 10 seconds until combined. It should be a dough like consistency. Add a splash of water to help bind together if needed.
3. Flatten in a tray and refrigerate until ready to use. Cut into bars and use as required.
Island Fusion Reload Smoothie
MRM’s Reload Powder adds a tasty sweetness to what would otherwise be a sharp-tasting smoothie. You can easily make this smoothie vegan by using dairy-free yogurt.
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Driven Ice Cubes
You’ll love how perfect these ice cubes will be as an addition to your pre-workout drink or in your favorite martini too!
1. Lay a mixed berry or 2 (if using) in an ice cube freezer tray.
2. Mix 1/2 serving of MRM Driven with the water and shake for 10 seconds. Pour into ice cube moulds and freeze overnight.
3. Can be used with a serving of driven, or in a water bottle.
Share article Wheat Montana Farms & Bakery on:
Inspired by Nature, Supported by Science
Founder Mark Olson’s goal, since he began MRM nearly 20 years ago, has been creating products to help you live a life filled with good health and vitality. Utilizing both Eastern and Western philosophies, as well as collaborative, science-based thinking, MRM does just that.
Their passion for developing innovative nutritional supplements starts by sourcing the highest quality ingredients for their products. Featuring responsibly sourced, all-natural ingredients, MRM’s Active Lifestyle Collection caters to every athletic need—whether it’s before, during or after your workout. Their therapeutic products are minimally processed to give you the purest form of nutrients to help keep your body functioning optimally day-to-day. MRM also crafts an extensive array of high-quality, animal-free products that are vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified.
The team at MRM loves to live life to the fullest and to use that passion to bring you products that allow you to do the same!
Share article Thanksgiving Recipes in a Hurry on:
The Folkvord family has been farming and milling in Southwest Montana for three generations. Their 15,000 acres are situated at high elevation—5,000 feet above sea level. The location, combined with cool nights, produces some of the highest quality grains available.
Sustainably Grown and Milled Just Down the Road
Committed to sustainable farming, the Folkvord family utilizes crop rotations which improves the quality of their harvests as well as the land producing them. Once harvested, they utilize a unique process, known as impact milling. The process’ low temperatures help to retain the grain’s vital nutrients. And, the process itself creates a superior flour to other methods like roller or stone milling. With nothing added and nothing removed, their products are crafted with freshness, nutrition and quality you can taste.
- Small-batch quality
Why whole grain?
There are three parts to a grain, the germ, endosperm and bran. Each has its part to play to create whole-grain goodness. When white flour is milled, only the inner endosperm—the carb-laden, energy part of the grain—is retained. Removing the bran and the germ portions though, shortchanges the nutrition of the resulting flour. Whole-grain flour keeps all three parts which means you benefit from the entire grain’s powerhouse including:
- B vitamins
Wheat Montana Farms made its way into the Guinness Book of World Records for cutting, milling, mixing and baking a loaf of bread in 8 minutes and 13 seconds!
Share article Warm Up with Traditional Medicinals on:
Thanksgiving Recipes in a Hurry
Whether you’re surprised with extra Thanksgiving guests, or simply want to shorten your time in the kitchen to enjoy it with family, here are three quick and easy recipes that are so flavorful no-one would ever guess they came with shortcuts!
Spicy Cranberry Relish
Spicy Cranberry Relish is a great alternative to traditional cranberry sauce. Tart and citrusy, this cranberry dish packs heat from a combination of Fresno and jalapeño peppers as well as ginger and cayenne.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, add the sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, peppers, ginger, cayenne and water. Stir with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the cranberries and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking and stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes. The relish should be void of water and look thick and chunky.
- Let the relish cool and then serve. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
French Onion and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Make instant mashed potatoes special by adding flavors of French onion and chives. Then, top it with charred red onions for taste and visual appeal that will have your holiday guests going back for seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, water and butter to a boil. Alternatively, add the ingredients to a microwave-safe dish to heat until the butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, on high heat, char the red onions in a pan. Set aside.
- Add the mashed potato flakes and French onion dip mix to the milk mixture and stir. Once combined, fold in the chives.
- Serve the potatoes topped with the charred red onions and chopped parsley.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Macchiato
Stay lively after your Thanksgiving feast with this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Macchiato. The espresso becomes a decadent treat with steamed milk infused with salted caramel and pumpkin spice.
- Create flavored milk by adding the milk, salted caramel syrup and pumpkin spice to a milk frother. Turn on to steam and infuse the milk.
- To a mug, add the vanilla syrup and top with the steamed milk. Include the froth.
- Slowly pour the espresso into the center of the mug. A thinner and more consistent stream creates a more defined layer between the espresso, steamed milk and froth.
- Garnish with a drizzle of salted caramel syrup, sprinkle of pumpkin spice and turbinado sugar.
Joanna is a commercial food stylist based in Phoenix, Arizona. Her work and recipes have been seen around the world. When she is not styling for her favorite brands, she enjoys publishing recipes and sharing her love of everything food on her self-titled blog many remember as Baked by Joanna. Her other interests include spending time with her family and staying healthy and fit.
The best part about chilly weather is getting warmed up to seasonal drinks. We’ve teamed up with Traditional Medicinals to bring you cozy fall beverages, without all the added sugar. Snuggle up with a hot cup of rhizome-rich Pumpkin Spice Golden Milk or soothing Peppermint Hot Cocoa tonight!
Pumpkin Spice Golden Milk
Go beyond the typical pumpkin spice drinks
with our creamy, dairy-free twist on this Ayurvedic alternative.
Servings: 1 cup
Time: 15 minutes
- Boil water and steep a cup of Tumeric with Meadowsweet and Ginger tea. It’s best to keep the cup covered with a saucer to extract every bit of plant power.
- Pour the hot tea into the blender, along with 1/4 cup hot almond milk and the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until the froth begins to form. Pour into the tea cup.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dash of pumpkin spice. Enjoy!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Delightfully rich hot cocoa, with a dash of peppermint cheer,
crafted perfectly for a post-dinner drink.
Servings: 2 large cups
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 bags Traditional Medicinals Peppermint tea
- 16 oz. Boiling hot water
- 4 oz. Very dark chocolate (anything over 70%), broken up into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Raw honey
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeeze out any excess liquid, and compost the tea bags.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the peppermint tea, 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 Tbsp. raw honey.
- Stir until the chocolate is dissolved and everything is combined. Do not bring to a boil.
Pour into two mugs, top with whipped cream and enjoy!