Share article Experience Cascadian Farm on:
Share article The 30-Day Deodorant Detox Challenge on:
Cascadian Farm was started 45 years ago by Gene Kahn to farm in a way that would not harm the natural beauty of the earth or her inhabitants. Today, that farm has grown far beyond the original footprint and Cascadian Farm is one of the country’s leading brands in organic foods.
Always focused on their mission to create better farming practices, Cascadian Farm has become a pioneer in converting conventional farms to organic. The values they have continued to follow, and their persistence to make the world a better place is what makes them such a valued partner to Sprouts.
A large focus of their sustainability efforts goes toward a project that benefits not only them, but the world around us. Pollinators are necessary for the reproduction of nearly 85 percent of the world’s flowering plants, including about three-quarters of crop species. Bees especially make it possible for us to enjoy a variety of foods, many of which would no longer be available in the absence of bee pollination. But bee populations are declining and many wild pollinators are faring even worse. A recent analysis by the Xerces Society for example, found that nearly 30% of North America’s bumble bee species may now be at risk of extinction!
Visit their Save the Bees
website to learn more about their efforts to repopulate the bees.
As an added benefit of transparency, Cascadian Farm is enrolled in the Non-GMO Project
. With the growing concerns of what is in our food, Cascadian Farm wants you to know what is in theirs. Having all their products enrolled in the program gives customers like you the opportunity to have third party assurance there are no GMOs used in any of their products.
Share article Nordic Naturals on:
Have you tried to switch from mainstream deodorant or antiperspirant to natural and given up because it wasn’t working? Did you know there is a transition period where odor can actually increase? It can take up to 30 days for our bodies to detox and come back into balance. That’s why EO started the 30-day Deodorant Detox Challenge to help ease you through the transition period.
How to Deodorant Detox:
- Get the supplies: Start with EO deodorant spray and at least six EO deodorant wipes.
- Keep a backup plan: The deodorant wipes are essential to keep you feeling fresh when you’re on-the-go.
- Mind your meals: Certain foods can increase body odor. Try consuming less red meat and alcohol.
- Remember, sweat is good: Sweat helps our bodies come into balance. Don’t be afraid of it!
For more tips and what to expect during your 30-Day Detox, visit eoproducts.com/deodorantdetox
Join the challenge online! #deodorantdetox
Share article Manitoba Hemp Hearts on:
For more than 20 years, Nordic Naturals has been committed to delivering the world’s safest, most effective nutrients essential to health. Along the way, they have revolutionized omega-3s, pioneering a new definition of fish oil quality as it relates to purity, freshness, taste and dosage to become the #1 fish oil in the United States.
In 1984, Norwegian-born Joar Opheim moved to the United States and quickly discovered the pure, omega-rich cod liver oil he had relied on for great health could not be found. He set out on a mission to change the way people perceived fish oil and make the benefits of omega-3s available to a very wide audience. From there, Nordic Naturals was born.
Today, Joar still leads the company and is focused on nutrients to keep people healthy. From a range of award-winning omega-3s to probiotics and essential multivitamins, Nordic Naturals is setting the standard for health.
Share article Little Secrets and Birch Benders on:
Co-founder and CEO, Mike Fata—with his friends, Martin and Alex—started Manitoba Harvest Hemp Food because hemp food helped change his life, and he wanted to share this with the world.
With every 30-gram serving, Hemp Hearts are packed with 10 grams of omegas, 10 grams of protein, 181 milligrams of magnesium and only 3 grams of carbs for a delicious and nutritious addition to breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Manitoba Harvest believes in the nutrition of hemp so much that they only manufacture and sell hemp foods. They are the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make and sell their own line of hemp foods.
When it comes to hemp foods, they strive to know as much as possible and be involved at every level—from seed to shelf. In the fields, they take the time to share their knowledge with farmers and encourage more hemp acres, always working proactively to spread the word about hemp foods to all who will listen.
Mean Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can Garbanzo beans
- 1 can Soya beans
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed. Chill before serving.
- 1 Tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Protein Powder (We recommend HempPro 70)
- 8 oz. Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruit, as desired
- Mix Manitoba Harvest Protein Powder and yogurt together until smooth. Add fresh fruit as desired.
Sweet Cranberry Hemp Bars
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-free oats (or organic oats)
- 1/3 cup Gluten-free flour (or whole-wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 3/8 tsp. Guar gum (or xanthan gum)
- 1/4 tsp. Fine sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. Coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper, with a little extra over the side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry stuff: oats, flour, hemp hearts, guar gum (or xanthan gum) and salt.
- Microwave the coconut oil and coconut nectar in a 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup for 45 seconds and stir to combine. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oat mixture. Fold in the dried cranberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into the corners and the side evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes (rotate the pan from front to back halfway through baking). Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes and then put in the freezer for an hour before cutting into 16 bars.
Share article C2O on:
Decades ago inside a corner store, a nine year old Chris Mears on roller blades stealthily slipped a piece of candy into the pocket of his jeans and rolled his way to the door. He was stopped, did his time, and reformed his ways, but his sincere love of chocolate still remains. Now a certified grown-up with a penchant for unwrapping candy bars mid-afternoon, Chris wanted to find a way to make his guilty pleasures less incriminating.
Little Secrets is all about sourcing the best ingredients, using Fair Trade Dark Chocolate, and creating premium blends without any artificial ingredients, flavors or colors because the words “delicious” and “natural” can and should absolutely go together.
Like any good little secret, sharing is always optional.
Birch bending, like pancake making, is a great American tradition. Birches are slender, supple trees that bend down and return you to the ground when you climb them, like a fishing pole under the weight of a catch. Matt, Birch’s founder, spent his summers bending birches. Years later, he would bring that same playful spirit to his love of pancake-making, and eventually, to the brand he hoped to share with the world.
The idea behind Birch Benders was simple: to make pancakes that are better than at a restaurant and easier than from scratch. After endless work in the test kitchen, and untold hours talking to passionate pancake people, Birch is thrilled to bring you Birch Benders Micro-Pancakery. They’ve obsessed over every recipe, personally tested every ingredient, and the result is delicious.
Birch Benders is an all-natural pancake & waffle mix that’s delicious, healthy, and made by just adding water. Birch Benders strive to offer the best possible pancake experience requiring the least possible effort.
Double Peanut Secrets Pancakes
- 1 cup Birch Benders Peanut Butter Protein Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 pkg. Little Secrets Sea Salted Peanuts
- Syrup and butter, if desired
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast-iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan—we like to use about a tablespoon of oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Mix together Birch Benders and water until just combined—lumps are good! Fold in 1/2 package Little Secrets.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, 1 or 2 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once, cook an additional minute, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Store in a 200°F oven if making a larger batch.
- Top with butter and syrup if desired, and remaining Little Secrets.
Share article Organic Prairie on:
Created out of purpose and passion, we knew there was something deliciously different about this coconut water—and their mission. Founded in 2007, C2O began with the desire to find better tasting coconuts without the need for artificial flavors, sweeteners or additives. Since its inception, C2O has grown to be much more than a beverage company and has made great strides to transform the lives of all who are involved.
Sourced from 100% natural, fresh-water coconuts from the inland soils of Thailand, C2O has taken great care in selecting their coconuts to ensure the highest quality and sweeter taste are delivered in every experience. The coconuts are grown and hand-picked on family-run farms using age-old practices that combine the right amount of art and science.
Understanding the importance of the region, C2O is fully invested in sustaining the agriculture of Thailand and encouraging the success of the farmers. Since 2008, they have helped hundreds of farmers out of poverty through development of a co-op, began a recycling program that builds desks for local schools using the waste from their tetrapak line, and continue to invest in research and development of the region.
Never forgetting about their home town, C2O strives to always make an impact in their own backyard. They donate quarterly to the Long Beach Rescue Mission and spend time building homes with Habitat for Humanity. Additionally, more than $100,000 in product was donated to California Fire and Police departments in 2017.
C2O is coconut water in its purest form.
Video description: Meet the Brand: C2O
Share article Orgain on:
Organic Valley and Organic Prairie farmers tend to say it best: “We’re passionate about being good stewards of the land, and we are passionate about organic. We know that what we do every day ensures that the organic label means something to the families who trust Organic Valley.”
Organic Valley is cooperative of family farmers who pioneered the industry and are leading organic farming and production standards, including one of the nation’s strictest dairy pasturing policies. Why is that a big deal? Because it results in healthier land, healthier animals, and organic dairy products that contain 62% more beneficial omega-3 and 18% more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
Organic Valley and Organic Prairie family farmers pledge to produce the highest-quality, award-winning organic products, like, cheese, butter, cream, milk, yogurt, eggs, veggies, beef, pork and poultry.
Share article New England Naturals on:
As a cancer survivor and medical doctor, Orgain founder Dr. Andrew Abraham has experienced firsthand the critical importance of organic, wholesome nutrition and the vital role it plays in supporting the body in times of stress.
Following his cancer diagnosis, Dr. Abraham made it his mission to formulate a certified organic nutrition shake that was lower in sugar, high in organic protein, and free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives and colorings. After exhaustive work and research, and a lot of time in his kitchen working with real organic ingredients, he developed the perfect recipe that would later become Orgain®
Today, the Orgain line has grown to include plant-based protein powder, grass-fed whey protein, nutritional shakes for kids and vegans, and even plant-based protein bars. With every new product, Dr. Abraham’s goal remains the same: to provide the best and most delicious nutrition to help everyone gain health, energy and the most out of life.
Find delicious recipes and information on how to live a healthy and vibrant life here: Facebook
, Orgain Blog
Video description: Orgain Founder Dr. Andrew Abraham talks about his experience with cancer, his recovery, and the inspiration behind Orgain.
Share article Miss Jones on:
New England Natural Bakers has been creating nutritious, all-natural and organic products in a way that also contributes to environmental and social improvement since 1977.
Located in Western Massachusetts in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains, New England Natural Bakers is a 100% employee-owned company with a close-knit community of 50 owners.
In addition to their assortment of bulk products, New England Natural Bakers also offers a line of organic pouch granola. Created with the health of the consumer in mind, shoppers will find both unsweetened (no sugar added) and high-protein varieties that are certified organic as well as Non-GMO Project Verified.
To learn more, check out New England Natural Bakers online at nenb.com
, and Pinterest
Miss Jones is a new kind of baking company. By focusing on quality, non-GMO, organic ingredients, this San Francisco-based company is raising the bar when it comes to taking shortcuts in the kitchen.
Their plant-based cookie, brownie and cake mixes are tasty, easy-to-make and simple to customize. Plus, they go well with their line of organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, ready-to-eat frostings. Each mix can be baked using conventional or vegan ingredients, so you can bake something for everyone. Taking inspiration from classic, made-from-scratch flavors, Miss Jones’ treats are always simple, fun and delicious.
Founder Sarah Jones takes her sourcing seriously, partnering with the most innovative suppliers and using the best sustainable ingredients available. Leaders in the organic baking space, they were the first to bring organic, plant-based frosting to the store shelves.
Jones and her team believe that the best baking experiences are centered around inspiration and creativity, so they have developed an ever-evolving collection of recipes and baking hacks to bring even the most ambitious projects to life.
Toasted Coconut Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes
Let your inner child rejoice! The hunt for the best Easter treat ends here. These Toasted Coconut Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes with a secret compartment filled with jelly bean treasures are as fun to eat as they are to make. Plus they are totally organic, so they aren’t filled with artificial colors or flavors. Just sweet goodness and a fun surprise. They are super easy to make and are sure to bring lots of happiness.
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the frosting
- 1 tub Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
For the topping
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Organic jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Melt 1/2 cup of unrefined coconut oil in a small bowl. Whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil and coconut milk. Add cake mix and whisk until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With a 1/4 cup scoop, spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake until just set, about 16–22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in cupcake pan for about 5–10 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a small round cookie cutter or the back of a large frosting tip to remove cupcake centers and fill with organic jelly-bean candies.
- Spread or pipe frosting over cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut. Top with additional jelly beans.