CCPA Rights. Under the CCPA, California residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Right to Access and Right to Deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of Sprouts’ systems of networks.
- Your telephone number will be used to look up your myEasyScanBarcode and your Sprouts customer account (e.g., when you redeem mobile coupons at a Sprouts store location).
- Your location information will be used to add location information to your account, if applicable, to find a Sprouts store location near you, and to understand where our users are located.
- We will use your purchase history, related information, and your profile details (e.g., dietary preferences) to determine which mobile coupons we make available to you.
- Information submitted by you or otherwise collected in connection with the single sign-on functionality will be used to connect with the applicable social media platform and to enable you to sign in on the Website or App using your existing applicable social media account.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.The Services are not directed at, nor are they intended for use by, anyone under the age of thirteen (13). Sprouts does not knowingly collect or use information from children under thirteen (13) through the Services. Please contact us if you believe we have collected Personal Information about a child without consent from their parent or guardian so we can take action to prevent such access and to delete their Personal Information from our Services.
5. ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.If you are visiting or using the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that Collected Information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States (where our and our suppliers’ servers and databases are located and operated). The data protection and related laws and regulations of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in the country from which you are accessing the Services.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.Shine the Light. As provided under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, we provide our customers with the ability to “opt out” of having their Personal Information shared with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes in by contacting Sprouts at [email protected]. Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act. This section only applies to individuals who are residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws (together “California Laws”). Sprouts processes Californian’s Personal Information in the following ways:
|Personal Information We Collect||See “Personal Information We Collect From You” (Sec. 1), and “Other Information We Collect” (Sec. 2)|
|Categories of Information||Identifiers, Electronic Data, Inferred Data, Commercial Information, Health Information, Financial Information, Protected Characteristics|
|Purposes for Collection of Personal Information||Demographics and Evaluation and Improvement of the Services; Administer Sprouts business activities; Communicate with you; Customer service and make available coupons; Provide you with information and communications that you request.|
|Types of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information||Third Party Service Providers; Advertising Networks; Judicial Proceeding.|
- Right to Know: California consumers have the right to request in writing the following information from a business:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about them in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for the information collection;
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have sold in the preceding twelve (12) months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom it sold that particular category of Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom it disclosed that particular category of Personal Information.
- Right to Delete: California consumers have the right to have their Personal Information deleted, unless the Personal Information is necessary for the business or service provider to:
- complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- detect security incidents;
- protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible);
- debug to identify and repair functionality errors;
- exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant;
- engage in research in the public interest (if the consumer has provided informed consent);
- to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer’s expectations given their relationship with the business;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale: Californian consumers have the right to opt-out of having their personal information sold.