Share article Top 4: Beet Recipes on:
There are so many ways to prepare beets plus, they are healthy and delicious. Feel the beet—try these delicious recipes today!
One-Pan Roasted Chicken with Citrus Beets
Recipe By: Recipes to Nourish
Savory chicken is roasted to perfection with crispy skin and surrounded by delicious citrusy and herby sweet beets, carrots and fennel. This One-Pan Roasted Chicken with Citrus Beets is an elegant, yet humble and cozy meal. The whole dinner bakes on one sheet pan in just one hour!
- 4 Bone-in Sprouts Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Butter, cold
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Chile Powder
- 3–4 Fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 sm. Orange, zested
- 4 Carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 Fennel bulb, core removed and chopped into large chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. Sprouts Butter, melted
- 4 lg. or 6 sm. Beets, stems removed, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 Orange, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Get a large baking pan/sheet ready and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs on baking pan/sheet, spread out at least 3-inches apart.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon cold butter to the top of each chicken thigh.
- Evenly distribute the chile powder over the tops of the chicken thighs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add half of the garlic, half of the rosemary, half of the orange zest, carrots, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and half of the melted butter. Stir to combine and spread out on the baking pan.
- Add the beets and remaining garlic, rosemary, orange zest and melted butter to the mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and stir to combine.
- Spread beets out on baking pan/sheet.
- Squeeze the juice of half an orange over all of the vegetables. Evenly distribute and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt over the chicken thighs.
- Place baking pan/sheet in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through with a golden brown skin.
- Serve immediately.
Beet Farro Mediterranean Salad
Recipe By: Brewing Happiness
This Beet Farro Mediterranean Salad with fennel and apples is a creamy, fresh and hearty salad to fill you up without weighing you down!
- 2 Beets, roasted
- 1 cup Red onion, diced
- 1 cup Dry farro
- 3 cups Sprouts Vegetable Stock
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, matchsticked
- 1 cup Fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup Sprouts Tzatziki
- Sprouts Organic Baby Spinach
- Whole-wheat pita slices
- Sprouts Egg, fried
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the leaves of your beets, wrap the beets in tinfoil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring farro and vegetable stock to a boil over high heat in a large pot. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, unwrap the beets and use a paper towel (or your hands) to peel the skin off your beets. Then slice them into bite sized pieces and add them to a large bowl.
- Add your farro to the bowl, along with your sliced fennel bulb and Granny Smith apple. Squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss your salad.
- Pour tzatziki sauce over your salad and toss again until everything is well coated.
- Serve in a bowl with spinach, pita slices and a fried egg.
- EAT UP.
Recipe By: VegAnnie
This Beet Chili is warm, hearty and comforting. It comes together very easily, and is perfect for a cool winter evening! It’s vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and makes a large quantity to enjoy all week. Re-categorized
- 3 med. Beets, peeled and chopped + 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 med. Carrots, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sprouts Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Sprouts Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 28-oz. can Sprouts Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can Sprouts Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes: vegan sour cream, fresh herbs
Add peeled and chopped beets and water to a microwave-safe bowl.
Steam beats by microwaving on high for about 10 minutes or until soft.
Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
Add cooked beets, water and spices to the pot, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add diced tomatoes and kidney beans to the pot, and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Top with optional garnishes before serving, if desired.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe By: A Baker’s House
Beets are the not-so-secret ingredient in the deep color of these chocolate chip cookies, but the real mystery is how the taste is not different from a traditional cookie. Combined with Sprouts Organic Cocoa Powder, the earthy flavor of the beets melds seamlessly in this sweet treat. Give this healthier twist a chance and incorporate beets into your desserts!
- 2 Beets
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Orange
- 2 cups Sprouts Flour
- 1/3 cup Sprouts Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Sprouts Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Brown Sugar
- 2 Sprouts Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prepare the beets:
Make the cookies:
- Peel and quarter the beets.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast in a 400°F oven for 45–60 minutes.
- Purée the beets with 2 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice. Process until smooth. You should have approximately 1/2 cup beet purée.
- Let the purée cool to room temperature before proceeding.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bow, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk gently to combine.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter with the granulated sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Add 1/2 cup roasted beet purée and blend until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and mix until just barely combined. Add the chocolate chips to the dough and stir until well-dispersed.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.