Recipe By: Cheryl Malik
These Chimichurri Meatballs are packed with flavor and come together easily with the help of a food processor. Whole30-compliant, they’re also garlicky and tender thanks to the addition of Swiss chard.
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 5 Green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Dried Oregano
- 1–1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 lb. Sprouts Ground Pork
- 1 lb. Sprouts Ground Beef
- Sprouts Coconut Oil, for frying
- Make the chimichurri: Combine all chimichurri ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a jar or air-tight container and chill until meatballs are ready.
- Make the meatballs: In the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, green onions and fresh cilantro leaves. Process until chopped and uniform.
- Add the Swiss chard, a handful at a time, and process until chopped and uniform. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and add crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, ground pork and ground beef.
- Using your hands, mix until well-combined, but don’t over mix.
- Using a disher or spoon, shape into balls.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat—use enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with plenty of fresh chimichurri.
Shakshuka with Swiss Chard Pesto
Recipe By: Root + Revel
This delicious baked eggs recipe is a flavorful twist on classic Shakshuka—it’s spiked with a Swiss chard pesto that perfectly complements the spicy tomato sauce and creamy eggs.
- 1 bunch Organic Swiss chard
- 1 bunch Organic cilantro
- 2 Garlic cloves, plus 2 additional cloves
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1 lg. Shallot, diced
- 1 Organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 28-oz. can Sprouts Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Harissa
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Sprouts Organic Eggs
- Optional garnish: feta cheese, Kalamata olives, wild capers
- Serve with lavash bread or pita
- In a food processor, combine the Swiss chard, cilantro, 2 cloves garlic, lime juice and olive oil.
- Pulse to combine until smooth pesto consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, sauté shallot and bell pepper in olive oil until soft, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and season with harissa, cumin, paprika and cinnamon; salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the tomato sauce, using a spoon to create a small hole for the egg to fit into.
- Cover and cook until eggs are just set, about 5 minutes. You can also fry or poach the eggs in a separate pan, if you’d prefer (it tends to make for a prettier presentation, though the taste is the same).
- Remove the cast-iron skillet from the heat and garnish with 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles, 1/4 cup of sliced Kalamata olives and a few tablespoons of wild capers.
- Serve with lavash bread and pita.
Power Pasta Salad with Rainbow Chard
Recipe By: Nosh and Nourish
This Power Pasta Salad is perfect for your next summer celebration! It’s full of colorful veggies, pine nuts, protein-packed green lentil pasta and topped with a delicious, creamy caramelized onion sauce.
- 8 oz. Green lentil penne pasta
- 4 Tbsp. Caramelized onion dip
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Rice Vinegar
- 2 cups Chopped rainbow chard leaves
- 1/2 cup Chopped rainbow chard stems
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Fresh Basil Leaves
- 6 Heirloom grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced
- For garnish: Sprouts Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain, then cool in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl: caramelized onion dip, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice and rice vinegar. Whisk together. Set aside.
- On medium heat in a large skillet, sauté the rainbow chard stems, leaves and basil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for approximately 5 minutes, until greens are softened but not browned. Remove them from the skillet and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, lightly toast/brown the pine nuts, stirring frequently for 3–4 minutes. Then remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, sauté the bell pepper and tomatoes for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Finally, in the same skillet, now emptied, sauté the onions for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Combine everything in the mixing bowl. Stir and then serve.
- You can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.