Share article Facebook Live: Fall Flavors on:
Share article Seasonal Wellness Sambucus Recipes on:
Fall is here! The leaves are changing and the nights are colder. Find comfort and cozy-up your home with these warming scents of autumn. Try these three recipes below from our blogger friend Baked by Joanna
Pumpkin Spice Vietnamese Coffee
Get all the flavors of a traditional pumpkin spice latte with this Vietnamese inspired version.
- 1 Sprouts Pumpkin Spice Coffee Pod
- 2 Tbsp. condensed milk
- Whipped cream topping, optional
- Prepare coffee pod as directed on package.
- Stir in sweetened, condensed milk. Add more or less to your preference.
- Top with whipped cream and serve. (Optional)
These crepes are filled with Maple Pumpkin Butter and topped with sweetened cream cheese. We included a bonus version with apple cider spread to complete your fall brunch.
- 2 lrg. Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Melted, unsalted butter
- Unsalted butter or nonstick spray for coating the pan
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Powdered sugar, divided
- 8 oz. Container whipped cream cheese
- 1 jar Sprouts Maple Pumpkin Butter
- 1 tsp. Vietnamese ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- ½ tsp. Vietnamese ground cinnamon
- 2 lrg. Gala apples, chopped
- 1 jar Sprouts Apple Cider Spread
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, water, flour, melted butter, vanilla extract and granulated sugar. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour before use.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the whipped cream cheese with 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium. Coat with butter or non-stick spray. Lift pan and pour 1/3 cup of batter into the center and rotate the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly. Cook on one side for approximately 30 seconds, until brown spots begin to appear, and then carefully flip to cook the other side for 10 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes after each has finished cooking.
- Fill crepes with Sprouts maple pumpkin butter (1-2 Tbsps. for each crepe). Fold in half and then once more. Serve with sweetened cream cheese and a dusting of cinnamon and the remaining powdered sugar.
- Optional: Sauté apples, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat until the apples are tender. Fill each crepe with 1 tsp. of Sprouts apple cider jam and apples. Fold and serve wit
Pumpkin Spice Stovetop Potpourri
A combination of the Pumpkin Spice Coffee and warm spices boiled on a stovetop to give you an instant autumnal feel.
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Pumpkin Spice Coffee Grounds
- 2 whole Cardamom pods
- 2 whole Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp. whole Cloves
- 3 slices Fresh ginger
- 2 cups Water
- Add all ingredients into a medium stove-top pot.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to the lowest setting to continue heating until liquid nearly disappears.
- Add more water to prolong the warming scent.
Meet Joanna Meyer
Food Stylist and Culinary Creative
Joanna is a commercial food stylist based in Phoenix, Arizona. Her work and recipes have been seen around the world. When she is not styling for her favorite brands, she enjoys publishing recipes and sharing her love of everything food on her self-titled blog many remember as Baked by Joanna
. Her other interests include spending time with her family and staying healthy and fit.
Share article Facebook Live: Hatch Recipes on:
Spicy Ginger & Elderberry Sipper
A spiced and sweet way to keep your whole family healthy this Fall!
Recipe by: Allie Mason Hoffberg of The Health Mason
- 2 cups water
- 2 herbal tea bags of choice (suggested: ginger or cinnamon)
- 1 inch knob ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Way Original Elderberry Syrup
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whole cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger to garnish
- In a medium-sized pot or tea kettle, heat 2 cups of water.
- Once water reaches a boil, add 2 herbal tea bags, 1-inch knob of minced ginger, 1 teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Allow tea bags to steep for 3-7 minutes.
- Strain tea through fine mesh strainer.
- To serve, pour ginger tea mixture into desired glassware.
- Finish by adding 1 teaspoon of Nature’s Way Original Elderberry Syrup to each glass.
- Garnish with whole cloves, cinnamon sticks and additional ginger.
Ginger and Honey Elderberry Refresher
Put a fun spin on Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup by turning it into a warm and cozy beverage. A perfect way to boost the immune system while sipping on a healing tea.
Recipe by: Diana Ngo
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (4 inch piece)
- Raw unfiltered honey, as needed
- Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune syrup
- Elderberry juice, optional
- Add water and ginger to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. (1 cup)
- Strain the contents into a heat proof measuring cup.
- To make one serving: add 1/2 cup of hot ginger tea to a cup. Sweeten with raw honey as desired. Add 2 tsp Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup. Top with extra elderberry juice.
Apple Cider and Sambucus Punch
Individual Apple Cider Punch with Sambucus is a flavorful non-alcoholic fall drink that offers antioxidants and more. Made from a mixture of pure apple cider and pear juice, this punch is flavored with a shot of homemade cinnamon simple syrup and a drizzle of Nature’s Way Sambucus Original Syrup. If you’re looking for a wellness beverage to offer a potential boost to immune system this season, Apple Cider Punch with Sambucus is perfect for you.
Recipe by: Erin Parker from The Speckled Palate
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 oz. apple cider
- 3 oz. pear juice
- ½ oz. cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Sambucus Elderberry Original Syrup
Make the Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Add the cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, and let come to room temperature and infuse. (You can let this hang out for up to 3 hours.)
- Once cooled, remove the cinnamon stick transfer to a mason jar, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make the Drink
- In a glass, pour in equal measurements of apple cider and pear juice.
- Measure in the cinnamon simple syrup.
- Pour in the Sambucus Elderberry Original Syrup next, and stir with a spoon.
- Add ice, and garnish with pear and apple slices.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy one a day.
Share article Drink the Tropics on:
Hatch ’em while you can! Emily, from One Lovely Life, shows us how to cook tasty hatch recipes that are perfect for game day or large get-togethers.
Cowboy Caviar Bean Dip
Combine classic bean dip with corn salsa to make the BEST double-decker dip around! Grab a bag of Sprouts tortilla chips and dive in!
For the bean layer:
- 1 16-oz. can Sprouts Organic Fat Free Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 4 Tbsp. Sprouts Hatch Green Chile Salsa
For the corn salsa layer:
- 2 Ears Corn, cooked (Optional: grilled—see below)
- 1 med. Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp. Jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- First, prepare the bean dip layer. In a medium bowl, combine 1 can Sprouts refried beans and 4 tablespoons Sprouts Hatch Green Chile Salsa.
- Stir refried beans and salsa to mix well (refried beans should be more spreadable), and spread bean dip out over the bottom of a 2 quart baking or serving dish (8×8 square or oval shaped). Set aside while you prepare corn salsa layer.
- Next, prepare the corn salsa layer. If grilling the corn (optional), heat an indoor grill pan over medium heat and place 2 ears corn on the preheated pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, rotating until corn has char marks.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly, then slice the corn off the cob. To do this, stand an ear of corn upright on an end and run a knife down the sides of the cob until all the corn is removed. Repeat with second ear of corn.
- While the corn is grilling, add 1 diced avocado to a medium bowl and coat with 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Stir to coat well, as the lime juice will help prevent the avocado from browning.
- Add cooked corn to the avocado and lime mixture. Add 1 cup diced grape tomatoes, 1/2 cup drained and rinsed Sprouts black beans, 1/4 cup minced red onion, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, and 1-2 tablespoons minced jalapeno (if using) to the bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Sprouts chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over the corn and vegetable mixture and stir to combine the corn salsa well.
- Pour the corn salsa layer into the serving dish over the prepared bean dip layer, gently spreading the corn salsa out evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slow Cooker Tailgate Chili
Simple Slow Cooker Chili is perfect for feeding a crowd on game days or chilly nights. Plus, the slow cooker does the work, so you can sit back and enjoy your afternoon!
- 4 Slices Sprouts Bacon, diced (Organic Turkey Bacon or Old Tyme Smoked Bacon)
- 3 Links (about 1 1/4 lb.) Sprouts Butcher Shop Hatch Green Chile Chicken Sausage, casings removed
- 1 med. Onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 2 15-oz. cans Sprouts Organic Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 15-oz. can Sprouts Organic Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 15-oz. cans Sprouts Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can Sprouts Tomato Paste
- 1 4-oz. can Sprouts Diced Green Chiles (don’t drain)
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 3 cups Sprouts Organic Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Optional: 3-4 Tbsp. minced cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium pan, cook 4 slices diced bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Place cooked bacon in the crock of your slow cooker, drain any excess fat from the pan, and return pan to the stovetop.
- If you haven’t already, remove and discard casings from 3 Links Hatch Green Chile Chicken Sausage. Add sausage to the same pan you used for the bacon.
- Cook sausage 5-7 minutes over medium heat, or until completely cooked through and no pink remains.
- Add cooked sausage to the crock of the slow cooker, along with the bacon.
- Add 1 diced onion, 1 diced red bell pepper, and 1 diced green pepper to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cans drained pinto beans, 1 can drained kidney beans, 2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, and 1 can green chiles to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprila. 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the slow cooker.
- Pour 3 cups vegetable broth over the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir with a spoon or spatula to combine well.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook chili 6-8 hours on LOW or 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- Remove lid, stir chili with a spoon, and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Share article Happy Egg Co. on:
Share article Natural Pet Food on:
Seeing a need for an even healthier way to raise free-range eggs, Happy Egg Co. was born, championing the cause of free-range birds and high-quality eggs. That’s why Happy Egg partners with family farms that provide love and attention to their hens to ensure the highest standard of care.
With farms in the Ozark Woodlands of Arkansas and Missouri, Happy Egg farms provide the perfect environment that includes a fresh water supply, clean air, and a mild climate so their hens can enjoy being outside year-round. As a result, Happy Egg hens produce eggs that have rich, creamy amber yolks that look, cook, and taste good.
Coming from two distinct breeds of hens, Happy Egg introduced their Happy Egg Free Range Blue & Brown Heritage Breed Eggs. With a mix of sky-blue shells and chocolatey-brown-speckled shells, these nutritious eggs stand up and stand out with their deep orange-amber yolks and delicious flavor.
Happy Egg is the pioneer of free-range egg farming. Their hens are the free-est of the free range, allowed to roam free on over eight acres of pastures.
Enter for a chance to win a year’s supply of free eggs and a $500 Sprouts gift card
Here’s How to Enter!
- Download the Sprouts app and create an account.
- Log into your account.
- Go to the digital coupon section.
- Clip the Happy Egg Co. sweepstakes entry.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Official rules
Share article Colorful, Patriotic Eats on:
At Sprouts, we know pet nutrition is just as important to you as your own—which is why we carry the leading brands in natural and organic pet foods and treats including Blue Buffalo, I and Love and You, and Castor Pollux. From grain free, to high protein, your furry friends can enjoy a delicious meal with all the right nutrients without unnecessary fillers.
Just as the Paleo diet suggests, eating whole foods like our early ancestors did, has health benefits. The same is true for our pets. While not all pets struggle with conventional foods, they do have very little natural digestive support to break down and metabolize complex carbohydrates. These may remain undigested and may damage the lining of the digestive system over a long period of time.
Organic Pet Food
Containing all-natural ingredients like chicken, fish and eggs, organic pet food does not contain any animal by-products, gluten or fillers. With chemical-free additives, an organic pet food diet may reduce the risk of ailments and allergies. You may also see an overall increase in the quality of your pet’s life. With cleaner sources of nutrients and protein, your pet will spend less time digesting the foods and more time benefiting from the powerful nutrients they are receiving.
Healthy Dog & Cat Treats
Whether you want to reward good behavior or just show your cat and dog some extra love, healthy treats are the way to go. Grain-free, organic or made from healthy options, you’ll feel good about giving them purr-inducing, tail-wagging nutritious treats.
Supplements to Keep Pets Healthy
If you’re looking to take the extra step with your pet’s health, we offer a diverse assortment of supplements for dogs and cats too. You’ll find probiotics, flax oil, multivitamins and supplements to support hip and joint health, regularity, stress, and a healthy skin and coat as well.
Find these healthy dog and cat food brands at your local Sprouts!
SHOP NATURAL & ORGANIC PET FOOD
Share article Curious About CBD Topicals? on:
Three Cheers for Cherries!
Get the party started with sweet cherry flavor. Load up on 4th of July must-haves and celebrate with these colorful, patriotic eats from our blogger friends.
Edible flowers make the perfect toppers for toast you’ll cherry much enjoy! Recipe provided by our blogger friend, Diana, at Dining with Diana.
Finish this cool summer treat off with a graham cracker topping, then let the freezer do the hard work! Recipe provided by our blogger friend, Holly, from A Baker’s House
Tangy homemade dressing tops wild rice salad, with pops of crunchy pistachios and pickled cherries. Recipe provided by our blogger friend, Lisa, from Garlic & Zest
Layer creamy, no-bake cheesecake mousse with delicious cherry filling in small Mason jars for a perfect summer treat. Recipe provided by our blogger friend, Glory, at Glorious Treats
Naturally sweetened oat bars, perfect for packing in lunches or snacking on the go. Recipe provided by our blogger friend, Molly, at Spices in my DNA
Share article Facebook Live: Summer Grilling with Sprouts Brands on:
An Introduction to Topical Products Containing Hemp-derived Cannabidiol (CBD)
While the complete list of CBD oil benefits is still being researched, manufacturers understand the growing interest from shoppers seeking alternative options. Topical body care like balms, creams, salves and ointments containing CBD are not intended to treat or cure any specific condition but may help tired muscles and sore joints.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one molecule of hundreds derived from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant and made into oil. This oil is then combined with emollients and essential oils for topical application.
Are Marijuana and Hemp Different?
Yes, both belong to the same plant family but have distinctive characteristics. Marijuana contains a psycho-active component called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is associated with a “high,” while CBD is non psycho-active and does not produce a “high.”
How Do CBD Products Work?
Cannabinoids activate receptors in our body associated with our endocannabinoid system (ECS), which regulates recovery and repair, among other functions. Many consumers have found CBD-containing products helpful when used as recommended. No significant side effects have been reported with CBD use, and it is generally well tolerated.*
In topical form, such as balms, creams, salves and ointments, CBD products may be a useful alternative to over-the-counter, steroid-based creams and act as a more natural remedy for those interested in natural care. Topical hemp extract may help manage pain or inflammation associated with injury or strain.
How Should I Choose CBD Topicals?
When choosing topical CBD body care items, it’s important to look for products rooted in efficacy, safety and quality. Brands sold at Sprouts offer products that comply with applicable laws, FDA regulations and are committed to testing, traceability and transparency.
*Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not designed to treat, cure or mitigate any disease. You should consult with your doctor prior to use.
Share article Explore & Discover Sale on:
Get ready to fire up the grill with these fun and unique backyard recipes.
Build-Your-Own Tostada Nachos
- Butcher Shop Pollo Asado
- Carne Asada
- Sprouts Market Corner Tortillas
- Pico De Gallo
- Shredded Cheese
- Create a half moon out of tortillas and fry until crispy.
- Grill pollo asado and carne asada and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Build your tostada with desired toppings and enjoy.
- Sweet corn, grilled
- Cotija cheese
- Sprouts taco seasoning
- Spread crema all over grilled corn.
- Sprinkle lightly with cotija cheese and taco seasoning.
- Top with cilantro.
Save on hundreds of new and trending items
At Sprouts, we’re passionate about bringing you the hottest new and unique products in fresh and natural foods so you can be the first to try them! Come explore and discover all of these exciting products throughout the store while they’re on sale, now through Wednesday, May 8. You’ll find interesting, better-for-you items featuring trending products like pasture-raised ghee and clinically tested collagen, as well as specially sourced ingredients like gluten-free oats, plant-based eggs and healthy fats, just to name a few.
Want to learn more about trends in natural products?
Explore what’s in-store with these resources on popular topics—some that have been the inspiration for new products hitting shelves now for you to discover.