Fruit tastes great in the morning. So does yogurt. Put them together in an easy-to-assemble breakfast that’s tasty, kid-friendly and healthy too!
Plus, yogurt is good for you! Its protein-fat balance helps you feel satisfied and gives you longer-lasting energy; it’s an excellent source of calcium for strong bones; and its good bacteria (aka probiotics, literally “for life”) help support your healthy digestive and immune systems.
Try these yummy ideas for delicious—even brunch-worthy—fruit + yogurt parfait combos.
Peach Chia Berry Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
Inspired by IowaGirlEats.com
- Silk®Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative or your favorite peach yogurt
- Old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- Chia seeds
- Silk®Almondmilk or Almond Coconut Blend
- Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Raspberries and Frozen Organic Blueberries
- Fresh banana
- Chopped raw or toasted, unsalted almonds, walnuts or pistachios (optional)
In a bowl, combine yogurt, oats, chia seeds and just enough almond milk to smooth out the mixture. Stir to combine thoroughly.
Alternate layers of the yogurt mixture with layers of fruit in a wide-mouth mason jar or container.
Refrigerate overnight; the seeds and oats will absorb moisture from the rest of the mixture and plump up.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if using, and enjoy cold.
Chocolate Nut Butter Yogurt and Granola Parfait
Inspired by TheWellFlouredKitchen.com
- Silk®Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative or your favorite vanilla yogurt
- Dark chocolate, melted and cooled to about room temperature
- Nut butter (almond, peanut, etc.)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (or other favorite warming flavors like ground cardamom, nutmeg, allspice or cloves)
In a small bowl, stir together half of the yogurt with the chocolate until thoroughly mixed.
In a separate bowl, mix the other half of the yogurt with the nut butter and cinnamon (or other spice) until smooth.
Refrigerate both mixtures until they firm up a bit.
Alternate layers of each yogurt mixture with granola in a tall glass, finishing with granola on top, and enjoy immediately.