From sweet smoothie bowls to savory grain bowls, food bowls have become a great, anytime go-to. Quickly throw together the ingredients you have on hand for a satisfying and nutritious meal in minutes. So, why not make them super?! Whether it’s berries bursting with antioxidants or tomatoes teaming with lycopene, superfoods are powerful, nutrient-rich ingredients that are beneficial to your health and well-being. So grab a bowl and level-up with a few of our favorite superfood bowls.
Video description: Learn how to make four superfood bowls. See recipe details below.
Savory Superfood Taco Bowl
- 1 lb. Organic grass-fed beef
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar (superfood)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Chile powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Dash of salt
- Taco meat
- 2 cups Cooked brown rice + pearled cauliflower (cilantro & lime)
- 2 cups Raw kale (superfood)
- 1 Avocado, diced (superfood)
- 1 cup Black beans (superfood)
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Cook ground beef and stir continuously until slightly browned.
- Add in apple cider vinegar and spices and continue cooking and stirring until fully cooked.
- When the beef is cooked, separate it out into four servings.
- Add in cooked brown cauliflower rice, raw kale, diced avocado, black beans, diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons salsa to each bowl.
- Serve & enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp Superfood Bowl
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 10–20 Jumbo shrimp
- 2 lg. Zucchinis
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup Red onion, chopped
- 10 stalks Asparagus, cut in half (superfood)
- 1 cup Lentils, cooked (superfood)
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked (superfood)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Dash cayenne (superfood)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- Slice zucchini in thin vertical slices.
- Combine Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss with shrimp.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a pan.
- Add in red pepper, asparagus and onion and sauté for 3–4 minutes.
- Add in Cajun shrimp and let cook until opaque.
- In a separate pan heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sauté zucchini for 3 minutes.
- Place zucchini, lentils and quinoa in a bowl and top with garlic Cajun shrimp.
- Taste and add salt and seasoning as desired.
Hearty Veggie Superfood Bowl
- 2 med. Beets, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (superfood)
- 2 med. Sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (superfood)
- 4 tsp. Olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cumin, divided
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise (superfood)
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa, warm (superfood)
- 2 cups Chopped kale
- 1 15-oz. can Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed (superfood)
- 1/4 cup Almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds (superfood)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place beets and sweet potato on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes. Stir and add Brussels sprouts. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Evenly divide quinoa between four serving bowls. Evenly top with kale, chickpeas, roasted vegetables, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with remaining 3 teaspoons olive oil and serve.
Sweet Smoothie Superfood Bowl
- 1 Frozen Banana (superfood)
- 1/2 Frozen apple (superfood)
- 1 cup Frozen strawberries (superfood)
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Açaí juice (superfood)
- 1 tsp. Matcha powder (superfood)
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Energy
Choose your toppings—coconut flakes, granola, sliced kiwi, 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pick your topping and enjoy!