This caramel dip is naturally sweetened, made with fiber-rich Medjool dates. A definite upgrade from traditional caramel recipes calling for butter and sugar galore! With a pinch of sea salt, this dip pairs perfectly with freshly sliced apples or pears.
- 1 cup Soft Medjool dates, pitted and pre-soaked
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Almond butter
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- If you’re using a standard blender or food processor, begin by soaking the dates in filtered water for 2–3 hours, until soft. If you own a powerful blender, there’s no need to soak. It will pulverize the dates easily!
- Combine all of the ingredients in the blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding extra almond milk, if necessary, to facilitate blending.
- Adjust flavors to taste, and chill before serving.
- Serve with sliced fruit or coat whole apples with the sauce. Sprinkle with small candies, chopped nuts or sprinkles for an added treat.