Dairy-Free Family Dinners in a Snap
Share article Dairy-Free Family Dinners in a Snap on:
Does this sound familiar? You spent too long at the office, you and the family are hungry, and now your plan to prepare a nutritious meal is out the window!
At Sprouts, we want to help you eat healthy, even when your plans change and you’re crunched for time. Whether following a dairy-free lifestyle or just looking to change things up, we’ve put together healthy, time-saving dinner recipes and tips for a low-stress evening:
Healthy Tips for Feeding a Busy Family
- Plug in the crockpot! Meals can be prepped in the morning and ready in the evening. Plus, you are greeted with the scent of a homemade meal when you walk through the door!
- Plan meals and build your grocery list for the week ahead of time.
- Involve the kids. Everyone loves to play an important role, especially in something like a shared meal!
Quick and Healthy Recipes
5-Ingredient White Chicken Chili (Serves 3)
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 4 cups Cooked shredded chicken (or see slow cooker method below, which uses uncooked chicken breasts)
- 2 15-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 cups Salsa verde
- 2 tsp. Ground cumin
- Add chicken broth, two uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, beans, salsa and cumin to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours or high for 3–4 hours until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Bruschetta Chicken (Serves 3–4)
- 3–4 Chicken breasts
- 4–5 sm. Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 sm. Red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 handful Basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake chicken for 35–40 minutes.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and basil in a bowl. Spoon over top of chicken once it is cooked and ready.
Tropical Lentil Salad (Serves 4)
- 14 oz. can Lentils, drained
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Mint, finely chopped
- Avocado to garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Orange juice
- ½ Lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Combine salad first.
Pour dressing over salad.
Easy Burrito Bowls (Serves 6)
- 1 cup Uncooked rice
- 1 cup Salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 15.25-oz. can Whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15-oz. can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions.
- Let cool and stir in salsa. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls. Top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.