Surprise mom on her special day with a batch of these bite-sized treats, a fresh floral bouquet and a heartwarming note. We’ve rounded up three of our blogger friends to share their Mother’s Day recipes.
Mini Quiche With Hash Brown Crust
Recipe By: One Lovely Life
Whether you’re making brunch for a crowd or doing weekly meal prep, these mini quiches with hash brown crusts are the perfect dish to serve! They are naturally gluten- and dairy-free, and you can fill them with your favorite toppings!
- 1 16-oz. package Sprouts Brand Organic Frozen Hash Browns, thawed
- 3-4 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Olive Oil, melted butter or ghee
- 1-2 cups toppings (see below for suggestions)
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns with olive oil.
- Divide hash browns between 12 muffin cups. Press down the center to create a well and press the sides firmly against the rim of the muffin cup.
- Bake hash brown “cups” at 425°F for 20–30 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings to the center of each hash brown cup.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl (or liquid measuring cup with a spout) with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Working gently, pour egg mixture over the toppings just to fill.
- Bake again at 425°F for 20–25 minutes, or until centers are just set.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Mini Berry Yogurt Breakfast Tarts
Recipe By: Recipes to Nourish
Mini Berry Yogurt Breakfast Tarts are a fun little bite for special occasions and brunches. These healthy, grain-free tarts are topped with protein-rich Greek yogurt and fresh berries, nestled on a homemade pistachio crust.
- 1 cup Shelled pistachios
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. melted Sprouts Brand Butter (can also use melted ghee or avocado oil)
- 3/4–1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1–1 1/2 cup Fresh organic berries
- 4 Tbsp. Organic apricot preserves—optional
- Place Medjool dates in a small bowl and cover with warm water to soak and soften for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Get a muffin pan ready and set aside.
- Place pistachios, soaked and drained Medjool dates, cocoa powder and healthy fat of choice in a food processor.
- Pulse about 3–5 times, just until combined (do not over mix it or it will turn into pistachio butter).
- Evenly distribute mixture in 12 muffin cups.
- Using clean hands, press the mixture down into each muffin cup, forming a mini crust that covers the bottom and comes up the edges about 1/2 inch.
- Bake at 350°F for 7–8 minutes.
- Allow the mini tarts to cool completely in the muffin pan, about 30 minutes, before gently removing the mini tart crusts (do not attempt to remove them until they are completely cool or they will break).
- Top each mini tart with about 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Add 1 teaspoon of the optional apricot preserves on top of the yogurt.
- Top with each mini tart with fresh berries.
- Serve immediately.
Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Bites
Recipe By: Handmade in the Heartland
These delicious veggie-filled egg cups are perfect for brunch!
- 6 Sprouts Brand Organic Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 cups Shredded cheese (1 cup each Havarti & Fontina)
- 1 8-oz. container Crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1/3 cup Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms release their juices. Then add garlic and rosemary. Cook for a minute or two. Set aside.
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat. Add the mushroom mixture along with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 24 mini muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray or buttered. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20–25 minutes. You want the middle of the eggs to be fully cooked and not wobbly.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.