Whether you like it sweet or savory, these snack-worthy popcorn recipes by our blogger friends will have you reaching for more:
Lemon White Chocolate Popcorn by The Nutrition Adventure:
- 1 bag Sprouts Salted Microwave Popcorn
- 3/4 cup White chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Grated lemon zest
- Pop microwave popcorn according to package directions. Place popcorn into a large mixing bowl, removing any unpopped kernels.
- Place white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25-30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Be careful to not overheat the chocolate. Stir in canola oil, mixing well.
- Pour one-third of the melted chocolate over the popcorn and mix. Repeat this two more times until all chocolate is used.
- Once the popcorn is coated, pour onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle lemon zest over popcorn, evenly distributing.
- Spread the popcorn out into a single, even layer and allow to dry for about 2 hours.
Spicy Paprika, Rosemary, & Garlic Stovetop Popcorn by Beautiful Eats and Things:
- ½ cup Sprouts Popcorn Kernels
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 and ½ Tbsp. Garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Grund Paprika
- ½ tsp. Sprouts Cayenne Pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt to taste
- In a large, thick-bottomed pot, heat ¼ cup of oil on medium to high heat.
- Add 1 and ½ tablespoons of garlic powder and ½ cup Sprouts Popcorn Kernels to the pot. Stir and make sure that the kernels form an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Cover with lid.
- As the kernels pop, shake the pot a couple of times to help prevent burning.
- When the popping starts to slow down, remove from heat and keep covered.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of Sprouts Paprika, ½ teaspoon of Sprouts Cayenne Pepper, and minced rosemary. Sprinkle over popcorn and toss.
- Season with salt to taste and enjoy!
Nutty Cherry & Bacon Popcorn by Milk & Honey Nutrition:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 6oz. Uncured bacon
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Organic Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1 cup raw cashews (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil over medium high heat, in a large pot on the stove. Add 3-4 popcorn kernels to the pot and cover with the lid. As soon as one of the kernels has popped, add the rest of the kernels. Slightly tilt the lid to vent the steam and shake occasionally until all the kernels are popping 2-3 seconds apart. Transfer the popcorn to a bowl and set aside. Don’t wash the pot just yet, you’ll use it again a bit later on. (Alternatively, you can use a store bought bag of popcorn. You’ll need about 15 cups of popcorn.)
- Assemble a baking rack on top of a sheet pan with edges. Spread the uncooked bacon pieces on top of the rack, making sure they aren’t touching each other. Cook the bacon until slightly crispy following the package instructions for time and temperature setting. Set the bacon aside and let it cool, then chop it up into bite size pieces.
- Place the pot you popped the popcorn in back on the stove, and begin to heat it over medium heat. Add the fruit spread and almond butter to the pan and stir constantly until the mixture is hot and almost bubbling (about 5-6 minutes). Remove it from the heat.
- Spread the popcorn into an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. (Be sure to use. baking sheets with edges/sides.) Spoon the almond butter and cherry fruit spread mixture onto the popcorn and carefully toss and mix the popcorn to make sure the popcorn is evenly coated. (Note: You can also do this in a bowl or bag separately and then spread the coated popcorn out onto the parchment lined pan.) Sprinkle the chopped up bacon and cashews evenly over the popcorn.
- Bake on 225 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove the popcorn from the oven and let it cool completely. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Churro Popcorn by One Lovely Life:
- 8 cups Popped popcorn (from about 1/3 cup un-popped Sprouts Organic Popcorn Kernels) – see instructions for how to pop popcorn.
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or vegan butter
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut sugar or Sprouts brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Sprouts Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Sprouts organic vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop your popcorn. Put half of the un-popped popcorn kernels (about 2 ½ Tbsp. kernels) in a paper lunch sack and fold the top over twice.
- Place bag fold side down in the microwave and microwave on HIGH power for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let cool slightly before pouring out into a large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining un-popped kernels. (You can re-use the bag)
- Sort out and discard any remaining un-popped kernels from the popped popcorn.
- Meanwhile, make the butter and sugar mixture. Gently melt 3 Tbsp. butter and 4 Tbsp coconut sugar over low heat in a small saucepan, just until sugar is dissolved and the mixture comes together.
- Add ½ tsp. ground cinnamon and ½ tsp. vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir to combine. (Mixture will be fairly thick). Let cool for 1 minute or so.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over the popped popcorn and stir with a spatula to coat the popcorn well. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Pour coated popcorn onto your prepared baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F. for 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes for even cooking.
- Let cool before serving.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Snack Mix by The Speckled Palate:
- 4 oz. Sprouts Organic Popcorn, Lightly Buttered flavor
- 1 ½ cups Sprouts Mini Twist Pretzels
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Pretzels
- 1 cup Wild West Roasted and Salted Trail Mix
- ½ cup 85% Dark chocolate almonds with sea salt
- ½ cup Red Tart Cherries
- In a large bowl, pour in the Sprouts Organic Popcorn.
- Add the Sprouts Mini Twist Pretzels, Dark Chocolate Pretzels, Wild West Roasted and Salted Trail Mix, 85% dark chocolate almonds with sea salt and Red Tart Cherries.
- Toss until combined.
- Serve in bowls or popcorn bags.