Boulder, Colorado-based Cholaca was founded in 2012, by Ira Leibtag, with one dream in mind: to bring healthy, organic and regeneratively farmed liquid cacao to the masses, while curating sustainable economic partnerships with farmers throughout Peru and Ecuador. Cholaca is pure liquid cacao made from one of the planet’s most nutrient-rich superfoods. This delicious product, available as a liquid or in baking wafer form, is also a natural stimulant and mood enhancer that can be enjoyed on its own or in various recipes. It is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly! Cholaca comes in a few varieties and is made from only a couple ingredients with no preservatives, emulsifiers or additives. You will love this pure, cacao perfection!
Video description: Make Cholaca a part of your lifestyle. How do you Cholaca?
Visit the Cholaca website: cholaca.com/products
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day yet many of us are either not hungry immediately in the morning or don’t have the time to make a well-balanced, nutritious meal before heading off to work. In the same amount of time as it takes to make your morning coffee, you could whip up a delicious smoothie that will not only energize you, it will help you feel full longer so you’re not starving by lunch time. Give your day the kick start it needs by enhancing your morning smoothie or oatmeal with these 6 powerful raw superfoods.
- Good source of vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Low in calories, fat-free and loaded with fiber
- Good source of protein and iron
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Good source of fiber
- Supports weight loss by helping you feel full
- Rich with heart health omega-3 fatty acids
- High in antioxidants
- Good source of fiber, magnesium, potassium and flavonoids
- Improves moods by boosting the “feel good” neurotransmitters
- Significant source of protein
- Easily digestible compared to meat and other high protein foods
- Rich in vitamin E
- Delivers a continuous source of energy
- Rich in vitamins B and C
- Good source of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids
- Known to increase energy and stamina
- Female hormone balancer
- Provides a higher ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids
- Great source of fiber
- Supports brain function
- Contains lignans, which have antioxidant properties
Put your blender to good use—they’re not just for smoothies! The Blender Girl, Tess Masters, is here to take you from appetizers to desserts. Enjoy these downright delicious, vegan recipes that anyone can make with their blender.
Video description: Watch Facebook Live to learn some clever ways to up your blender game with Tess Masters, AKA The Blender Girl.
Ingredients:For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil cold-pressed
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed, to taste
- 1 bunch Italian parsley (leaves only), chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch Chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup Blanched raw almonds, (or 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds), soaked
- 1/2 Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 Garlic clove, minced, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Water, plus more as needed
- 2 Zucchini
- 8 cups Earthbound Farm Baby Spinach or Baby Arugula (or your favorite mixed leafy greens or microgreens)
- 1/4 Purple cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 cups Broccoli stalks, julienned (or 2 cups peeled, seeded and diced or julienned cucumber)
- 2 Avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch Green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 cup Raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 ea. Hemp seeds, sunflower or pumpkin
- Salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, put all of the ingredients into your blender and purée on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Adjust the flavors to your taste (you might want more lemon juice, garlic or salt). This dressing should have the consistency of thin mayo, but add a little more water to thin it out if you prefer. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To assemble the salad, shave the zucchini lengthwise into strips with a vegetable peeler, discarding the seedy core. In a large serving bowl, toss together the zucchini strips, greens, cabbage, broccoli, avocados, green onions, almonds and seeds. Add the dressing to your preference and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, and pass any remaining dressing at the table.
Raw Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 4 med. Avocados, pitted, and peeled
- 3/4 cup Raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup Pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup Raw almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. Natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt
- Throw all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender, and blast on high for 30–60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Use the tamper to guide the ingredients through the blades. (You may need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the container.)
- Spoon into glasses, and chill the individual servings for a few hours before serving.
- Serve with ice cream, cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 4 cups Seedless watermelon, roughly chopped, plus 6 cups diced
- 2 cups Tomato, diced
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp.Red onion, diced, plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Basil, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Mint, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Lime juice, freshly squeezed, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tsp. Ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Green serrano chile, minced, add more to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp. Natural salt, add more to taste
- 1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the 4 cups of chopped watermelon into your blender and purée on high for 30–60 seconds, until liquefied. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Add the 6 cups of diced watermelon and all the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well. Tweak flavors to taste (adding more onion, lime juice, chile or salt).
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably 12–24 hours to allow the flavors to fuse and the vibrant red color to develop.
- Before serving, tweak flavors again (if it’s too spicy, add some lime juice).
- Set out additional lime juice and salt and enjoy!