Share article Blue Sky Pineapple Float on:
With the summer heat starting to really beat down, we’ve all got our favorite treats to turn to when we need to cool off. One of those is the pineapple whip float, where juice from the tropical fruit is topped with a pineapple ice cream that makes for the perfect refreshing dessert. We made our own version for the summer, but with a couple of epic twists. Enjoy this cute, fun and fresh fruit cup!
Instead of just serving these in a traditional cup, we hollowed out pineapples to create the floats in. We also opted for Blue Sky Soda’s Zero Sugar Ginger Ale, which mixed with the flavors of pineapple, add some zing and fizz.
The combination of the Blue Sky Soda Ginger Ale and the pineapple made for the ultimate refreshing treat that’s part pineapple float, part soda float, and 100 percent delicious.
- Gallon-sized zipper bag
- Food processor
- Pineapple corer
- Cut top off of pineapple. Using pineapple corer, remove pineapple meat from pineapple.
- In a food processor, add frozen pineapple, gelato, banana and salt.
- Once combined, put mixture in a gallon-sized zipper bag and cut off a large slit in the corner to make a makeshift piping bag.
- Pipe pineapple whip mixture into the pineapple, leaving some room on the sides.
- Add mochi and/or frozen banana chunks if desired.
- Pour in Blue Sky Zero Ginger Ale and enjoy!