Let’s face it, with October being one of the sweetest months of the year, many of us are probably going to over-indulge in some sugary confections. At Sprouts though, we’re always on the lookout for fresh, fun, and flavorful snacks, and this month was no exception. We thought, “What are some festive and healthy snacks we can make, incorporating fresh and natural ingredients that won’t cause a sugar overload?”
Here are a couple of the “tricks” we came up with that also make for some pretty tasty treats your kids are sure to gobble right up:
“CANDY CORN” PARFAIT
How cute are these? Inspired by those tiny yellow, orange and white candies that are ubiquitous with Halloween, this “Candy Corn” Parfait incorporates fresh fruit and just a dab of fresh whipped cream. Perfect for an after-dinner dessert or substitute the whipping cream with vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkle on some granola for a tasty, healthy before-school breakfast.
- Freshly cut pineapple
- Sprouts Mandarin Oranges
- Whipping cream or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Chop fresh pineapple into quarter-size pieces and layer in bottom of glass or tumbler.
- Scoop and layer Sprouts Mandarin Oranges.
- Dab a tablespoon of fresh whipping cream or a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
APPLE MONSTER CHOMPERS
If you’ve got a kiddo who’s always starving when they get home from school, these Apple Monster Chompers are perfect! They’ve got the right amount of sweetness and some protein to fend-off hunger before dinner without ruining their appetite.
- Yogurt-covered raisins
- Sprouts Smooth Peanut Butter
- Slice apples.
- Smear Sprouts Peanut Butter or almond butter onto apples.
- Place and arrange yogurt covered raisins.
HALLOWEEN POPCORN MIX
Turn a basic batch of popcorn into a bowl of Halloween fun by adding an array of sweet treats and chocolate drizzle. This munchable snack is perfect for parties, fall potlucks or put the popcorn mix in small bags and pass out to trick-or-treaters. It’s so good it’s scary!
- 4 cups Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Candy corn
- 1/2 cup Roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Chocolate-covered raisins
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Drizzled yogurt chips
- 2 Tbsp. Drizzled dark chocolate chips
- Mix popcorn with candy corn, peanuts, chocolate-covered raisins and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Melt yogurt and dark chocolate chips.
- Drizzle popcorn mix with melted chocolate and enjoy!