Say thank you to all the doting dads and handsome heroes this Father’s day. After all, where would we be without dad jokes, practical advice and bear hugs?If the standard gifts are feeling a little tired, we have a few ideas to “tie” this Father’s Day together. Check out these fun gifts that he’s sure to love, including one by blogger, Julie, from Fort Worth Moms Blog
Julie shares her process in creating a one-of-a-kind gift for Dad. Keep reading to learn how to make your own unforgettable gift: I considered a basket of grilling items. After all, it is summer, and summer is grilling season. Sprouts has a huge selection of fresh produce, meats, spices for DIY dry rubs and craft beers, microbrews, etc. But goodness, y’all! I am weeks away from delivering our second baby. Everyone here needs to stay ready-to-jump-behind-the-wheel-at-any-moment sober (so no alcohol), and I refuse to step outside into the heat for any reason (so no outside cooking for us). I had to rethink my plan. Because a trip to Labor & Delivery is in our near future, I decided he needed a “We’re Having a Baby, Baby” basket.
Read more of Julie’s full story!
Rosemary and Peppermint Shaving Balm
Your dad will feel pampered and refreshed after using this rosemary mint shaving balm—and will love knowing that it was made with love, by yours truly!
• 1/3 cup Shea butter
• 1/4 cup Virgin coconut oil
• 1/4 cup Jojoba or sweet almond oil
• 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 3-5 drops Peppermint essential oil
1. Place a small saucepan over low heat and mix shea butter and coconut oil, stirring until melted. Transfer mixture to a heat-resistant bowl and add in jojoba oil (or almond oil), then the essential oils and stir.
2. Chill mixture in the refrigerator until solid. Once solid, remove from refrigerator and whip mixture using a beater. Mix until light and fluffy. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
This shaving lotion is soap-free and will not create a lather, but rather, a protective barrier between the razor and skin. Swish razor in water between strokes and enjoy!
Dad’s Day BBQ Rub
Here’s a super easy and thoughtful gift that you can gather from our Bulk Department! Let your inner artist out by layering spices to create a colorful complement to your summer barbecues.
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. Chile powder
• 1 tsp. Black pepper
• 1 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
• 1 Tbsp. Thyme
• 2 Tbsp. Sea salt
• 1 tsp. Garlic salt
Layer spices multiple times into a small mason jar and seal. Decorate with a ribbon or twine.