At Sprouts, we’re dedicated to helping our customers achieve their goals by meeting them right where they are in their healthy-living journey. Visit our stores and you’ll find a wide variety of organic products that extend far beyond our farm-fresh produce. In fact, we offer thousands of organic items at Sprouts! From our meat and seafood counter, to our aisles stocked with everyday groceries, Sprouts is a destination for customers who lead a fully organic lifestyle. We also carry a wide array of natural products for customers who are looking to make small steps, day by day, towards their healthy-lifestyle goals. The good news is that your choices can help impact a positive change and every organic item you purchase is a vote for a better food system for all.
What Does Organic Mean?
Organic foods and products are a healthier choice compared to their conventional counterparts because they follow a strict set of agricultural standards. This includes avoiding the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, antibiotics, and genetically modified ingredients, as well as being produced in a way that helps preserve the environment and natural resources through sustainable practices. In order to carry the USDA Certified Organic seal, farmers, ranchers and food processors must first go through a thorough verification process by a USDA-accredited certification agency.
Top 4 Reasons to Consider Organic:
- Organic fruits and vegetables have a higher nutritional value*
- Organics can reduce your exposure to synthetic pesticides, antibiotics and GMOs
- Organic farms help preserve water and soil resources
- Organic products must meet strict federal standards and requirements
Getting To Know the Organic Labels:
When searching for organic foods and products, be on the look-out for these labels and know what they mean:
- 100% Organic: Products and foods labeled “100% organic” must contain only organic ingredients.
- Organic: Products and foods labeled “organic” must contain at least 95% organic ingredients.
- Made with Organic Ingredients: Products and foods labeled “made with organic ingredients” must contain at least 70% organic ingredients.
*British Journal of Nutrition (2014) (http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FBJN%2FBJN112_05%2FS0007114514001366a.pdf&code=9652ca9d7b17315f388169c5ae3c5095)