Seasonal Wellness Sambucus Recipes
Share article Seasonal Wellness Sambucus Recipes on:
Spicy Ginger & Elderberry Sipper
A spiced and sweet way to keep your whole family healthy this Fall!
Recipe by: Allie Mason Hoffberg of The Health Mason
- 2 cups water
- 2 herbal tea bags of choice (suggested: ginger or cinnamon)
- 1 inch knob ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Way Original Elderberry Syrup
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whole cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger to garnish
- In a medium-sized pot or tea kettle, heat 2 cups of water.
- Once water reaches a boil, add 2 herbal tea bags, 1-inch knob of minced ginger, 1 teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Allow tea bags to steep for 3-7 minutes.
- Strain tea through fine mesh strainer.
- To serve, pour ginger tea mixture into desired glassware.
- Finish by adding 1 teaspoon of Nature’s Way Original Elderberry Syrup to each glass.
- Garnish with whole cloves, cinnamon sticks and additional ginger.
Ginger and Honey Elderberry Refresher
Put a fun spin on Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup by turning it into a warm and cozy beverage. A perfect way to boost the immune system while sipping on a healing tea.
Recipe by: Diana Ngo
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (4 inch piece)
- Raw unfiltered honey, as needed
- Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune syrup
- Elderberry juice, optional
- Add water and ginger to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. (1 cup)
- Strain the contents into a heat proof measuring cup.
- To make one serving: add 1/2 cup of hot ginger tea to a cup. Sweeten with raw honey as desired. Add 2 tsp Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup. Top with extra elderberry juice.
Apple Cider and Sambucus Punch
Individual Apple Cider Punch with Sambucus is a flavorful non-alcoholic fall drink that offers antioxidants and more. Made from a mixture of pure apple cider and pear juice, this punch is flavored with a shot of homemade cinnamon simple syrup and a drizzle of Nature’s Way Sambucus Original Syrup. If you’re looking for a wellness beverage to offer a potential boost to immune system this season, Apple Cider Punch with Sambucus is perfect for you.
Recipe by: Erin Parker from The Speckled Palate
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 oz. apple cider
- 3 oz. pear juice
- ½ oz. cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Sambucus Elderberry Original Syrup
Make the Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Add the cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, and let come to room temperature and infuse. (You can let this hang out for up to 3 hours.)
- Once cooled, remove the cinnamon stick transfer to a mason jar, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make the Drink
- In a glass, pour in equal measurements of apple cider and pear juice.
- Measure in the cinnamon simple syrup.
- Pour in the Sambucus Elderberry Original Syrup next, and stir with a spoon.
- Add ice, and garnish with pear and apple slices.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy one a day.