Nothing says “I love you” quite like a bouquet of freshly cut flowers. This Mother’s Day, why not take it a little step further and create these beautiful, DIY hand-painted mason jar vases that you know she’ll love. Better yet, if you’ve got little ones of your own, get them involved too! Mix and match multiple colors or simply choose the ones that go wonderfully with her favorite flowers. Either way, these do-it-yourself vases are easy to make, plus, Mom will know that they were painted with love.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mason jars
- Chalk paint in your preferred colors
- White chalk
- Clear acrylic spray
1. Paint the outside of each mason jar with chalk paint and let dry for one hour before applying another coat.
2. After the jars have completely dried, use sand paper to take the paint off of the raised, designed areas of the jar.
3. Rub white chalk over jar to create a distressed look.
4. Seal jars by spraying thoroughly with clear acrylic spray and let dry for at least two hours.
5. Once dry, add your mom's favorite fresh flowers.