New Year Smoothie Recipes
Share article New Year Smoothie Recipes on:
The beginning of the year is a great time to jumpstart healthy habits. This year, commit to adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet with these delicious and nutritious smoothie recipes.
Sprouts partnered with four registered dietitians to create healthy smoothie recipes that include superfood boosts for your mind and body. Try one of them today!
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Recipe By: Emily Weeks, RDN, LD
Indulge in the taste of the tropics any time of the year with this tropical smoothie bowl! The addition of turmeric adds anti-inflammatory power, while the fruit and toppings provide plenty of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!
- 1 cup Sprouts Orange Juice
- 1 cup Sprouts Frozen Pineapple
- 1 cup Frozen mango
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 spoonful of Chia
- Dash of Sprouts Turmeric (to your taste). Start with 1/8 tsp.
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced kiwis
- Chopped almonds
- Sprouts Shredded Coconut
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You may have to add a splash of orange juice if the mixture gets too thick.
- Top with sliced fruit, nuts and shredded coconut.
Strawberry Banana Cacao-Nut Smoothie (aka: Beet the Bloat)
Recipe By: Suzanne Farrell, RD, of Cherry Creek Nutrition
How can you help to beat the holiday bloat? Fill your diet with potassium, probiotics, magnesium and fiber—which are all in this healthy fruit smoothie.
- 1 cup Sprouts Brand Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 Frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Kefir
- 1/4 beets, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup Sprouts Brand Coconut Water
- 2 tsp. cacao
- Add all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
Recipe By: Katie Morford, MS, RD
Here’s proof that healthy and tasty go hand-in-hand. Feel free to add more spinach, as desired, or try it with baby kale instead. Enjoy it all to yourself as a light meal for about 300 calories. Or divide it into two glasses to share as a wholesome snack that comes in at just 150 calories a serving.
- 1 cup Sprouts Milk (cow’s milk or plant-based milk)
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut-butter powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Organic Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp. Sprouts Organic Honey
- 1 sm. Frozen banana, sliced
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Loosely packed baby spinach
- 3 Ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until frothy and smooth with no obvious flecks of spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
Recipe By: Marisa Moore, RDN
- 1/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Plain, vanilla, or honey kefir
- 1 cup Sprouts Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Sprouts Cinnamon
- Optional Add-Ins: 1/2 tsp. Sprouts Pure Maple Syrup, splash of Sprouts Vanilla Extract, vanilla protein powder
- Add the oats and kefir to a high-powered blender.
- Let sit 5 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy.