Eggnog is the ideal novelty drink to cozy up with during the holidays. For many, it is part of yuletide family tradition and is a symbol of the season. You can drink it out of the carton, make it from scratch, spike it—the possibilities are endless! Serving eggnog plain may not appeal to everyone, so here are some egg-cellent healthy twists on classic eggnog that all can enjoy:
Eggnod Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- Mix ingredients until combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with any topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Spiced Turmeric Eggnog
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 3-5 tsp. Ground turmeric
- 6 cups Coconut milk
- 6 Egg yolks
- Heat coconut milk and honey until evenly warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk egg yolks, cinnamon and turmeric in a mixing bowl.
- Remove coconut milk from the stove and slowly add in half of the coconut milk to the egg yolks to warm. Whisk gently to combine.
- Combine the coconut and egg mixture back into the pot and bring to a low-medium heat.
- Whisk until it thickens slightly and forms a smooth, frothy layer.
- Enjoy hot or place in the fridge to enjoy chilled.
“Egg”Nog Protein Shake
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Vanilla
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 pinch Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Cashew milk
- Combine cashew milk, egg white powder, banana, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, honey, and nutmeg into a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and enjoy!