Share article Top 4: Papaya Recipes on:
Papaya? More like papaYEAH! Enjoy these tropical recipes from our blogger friends.
Rainbow Spring Rolls with Papaya Noodles + Spicy Peanut Sauce
Recipe By: Root + Revel
Take advantage of the season’s sweet, buttery papaya with this colorful twist on Vietnamese Spring Rolls—papaya noodles take the place of traditional rice noodles for a nutrient boost, alongside a rainbow of other fresh veggies, like cucumber, cabbage, peppers and herbs. Dip into a Spicy Peanut Sauce for an addictive finish!
- 1 Papaya, peeled, seeds removed and spiralized or cut with julienne slicer
- 1 lg. Seedless cucumber, spiralized or cut with julienne slicer
- 2 cups Purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Broccoli sprouts
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mixed chopped herbs (recommended basil, mint and cilantro)
- 12 Organic rice paper wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Fish sauce
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Sriracha
- Spiralize, julienne and slice all vegetables (papaya through red bell pepper).
- Chop all herbs.
- Add warm water to a large glass bowl. Lightly dip rice paper wrappers (one at a time) into the water until they become soft and pliable. Lay on a flat work surface.
- Add vegetables to the center of the wrapper (if you want to make a rainbow, start with red peppers at the top, followed by papaya noodles, cucumber noodles and purple cabbage).
- Top with sprouts, avocado and herbs.
- Fold the edges of the rice paper wrapper together and then roll up like a burrito. Set aside.
- Repeat until all spring rolls are made.
- Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce add peanut butter, tamari, fish sauce, lime juice and sriracha to a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl and dip spring rolls into the dip.
Recipe By: A Baker’s House
Papaya, bananas, dried pineapple and coconut come together in this muffin to create a tropical start to your day. Wouldn’t we all love a taste of the island life right about now?
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouts Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Organic Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 stick Sprouts Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Sprouts Cage-Free Farm-Fresh Eggs
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Papaya
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Organic Coconut Chips plus 3 Tbsp. extra for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Dried pineapple bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients: whole wheat, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Cut the papaya in half, discard the seeds, and scoop out the flesh of the fruit. Mash if very ripe and soft or purée in a small food processor until smooth. You should have about 1 cup of papaya mash or purée. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, the dark brown sugar and the eggs. Add the mashed bananas, papaya and the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in 1/2 cup coconut chips, raisins and dried pineapple bits.
- Fill two muffin pans with 18 baking cups or coat the tins with baking spray. The batter will make 18 muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter. If desired, top each with a few coconut chips.
- Bake for 18–22 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool before eating.
Vegan Papaya Boat with Chia Pudding
Recipe By: Vegan À La Mode
This tropical vegan papaya boat is nourishing while still tasting like a fun treat. The shredded coconut, mango and sweet papaya flavors will transport you to a summery day on the beach.
- 1 can Sprouts Organic Light Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Organic Blue Agave
- 1/4 tsp. Sprouts Vanilla Extract
- 1 lg. Papaya, sliced in half
- 1 Mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sprouts Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Mix together coconut milk, chia seeds, agave and vanilla in a large bowl until seeds are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. If chia pudding is too thick after 6 hours, add a splash of non-dairy milk and mix again.
- Scoop the seeds out of each papaya half and discard.
- Fill each half with chia pudding.
- Sprinkle each papaya boat with sliced banana, chopped mango and shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Anti-Inflammatory Papaya Smoothie
Recipe By: Lemons and Basil
This Anti-Inflammatory Papaya Smoothie is a great afternoon snack and the perfect solution to curb hunger!
- 3/4 cup Papaya, cubed (seeds and skin removed)
- 3/4 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Banana, preferably frozen
- 1/4 cup Sprouts Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Hemp seeds
- 1 cup Sprouts Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sprouts Honey
- 10 Ice cubes
Prepare the beets:
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend for 20–30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into 2 glasses and top with additional hemp seeds, ground cinnamon, strawberries or papaya.