Why play tricks this Halloween when you can treat yourself to a DIY fall-filled spa day? From a snickerdoodle body scrub to a soothing oatmeal face mask, you’ll be surrounded by sweet fall scents and utter relaxation. Feel boo-tiful with these easy fall DIYs.
Simple Snickerdoodle Body Scrub
If cold season dryness is plaguing your skin, give this coconut sugar body scrub a try! It will help exfoliate and moisturize dry skin. For a 60-second pseudo manicure/pedicure, scrub mixture into your hands or feet for one minute, then rinse in warm water and pat dry. You won’t believe the difference!
(Note that this mixture is a bit too coarse for the face and is meant for body use only. Also, if you’re using it in the tub or shower, know that the coconut oil can make things a little slippery!)
- 1/2 cup Big Tree Farms Vanilla Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sprouts Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- In a food processor, combine coconut sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid. Store at room temperature for up to one month.
- To use, gently apply a small scoop of the scrub to dry skin and rub gently to exfoliate and moisturize. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- If your mixture separates, simply stir it a bit with your finger before using.
Soothing, Calming Oatmeal Face Mask
If your skin is feeling a little dry or irritated, this soothing oatmeal mask will do the trick! Oatmeal calms inflamed or dry skin, and coconut oil adds a natural layer of moisturizer that will hydrate dry skin without clogging pores. If you need a little help clearing up a breakout, you can also add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to the mixture!
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal (quick cooking or old-fashioned)
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Optional scent add-ins: 1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract and/or nutmeg
- Pulse oatmeal in a blender or food processor until fairly fine (no big pieces).
- Add coconut oil, honey, vanilla and nutmeg (if using). Stir to combine until smooth.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid and store at room temperature for up to one week.
- To use, spread 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture over a clean (freshly-washed) face and let sit for at least 5–10 minutes. Rinse off and gently pat your face dry.
Soothing Body Soak
This soothing, detoxifying body soak is great when you’re tired, sore or overwhelmed. Try experimenting with various oil combinations for a different effect—cinnamon, clove and eucalyptus for a dose of fall aromatherapy, lavender for a relaxing effect, or a combination of peppermint and orange for an energy boost.
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Baking soda
- 10 drops Favorite essential oils
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and massage together with your fingers. (This will help distribute the oils evenly.)
- Transfer to a jar with a lid and store for up to one month.
- To use, scoop 1/2 cup of the mixture into a warm bath, sit back, and enjoy! Soak 20–40 minutes, for best results!
Healthy Living Blogger and Recipe Developer
Emily lives, loves and cooks at One Lovely Life, where she shares healthy recipes and inspiration for living a happy, full life. You’ll find fresh, vibrant, allergy-friendly recipes that don’t feel like they’re missing anything. In addition to healthy recipes on her blog, you’ll find made-over sweet treats, book recommendations and tips for living a life you love.