Share article Miss Jones on:
Miss Jones is a new kind of baking company. By focusing on quality, non-GMO, organic ingredients, this San Francisco-based company is raising the bar when it comes to taking shortcuts in the kitchen.
Their plant-based cookie, brownie and cake mixes are tasty, easy-to-make and simple to customize. Plus, they go well with their line of organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, ready-to-eat frostings. Each mix can be baked using conventional or vegan ingredients, so you can bake something for everyone. Taking inspiration from classic, made-from-scratch flavors, Miss Jones’ treats are always simple, fun and delicious.
Founder Sarah Jones takes her sourcing seriously, partnering with the most innovative suppliers and using the best sustainable ingredients available. Leaders in the organic baking space, they were the first to bring organic, plant-based frosting to the store shelves.
Jones and her team believe that the best baking experiences are centered around inspiration and creativity, so they have developed an ever-evolving collection of recipes and baking hacks to bring even the most ambitious projects to life.
Toasted Coconut Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes
Let your inner child rejoice! The hunt for the best Easter treat ends here. These Toasted Coconut Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes with a secret compartment filled with jelly bean treasures are as fun to eat as they are to make. Plus they are totally organic, so they aren’t filled with artificial colors or flavors. Just sweet goodness and a fun surprise. They are super easy to make and are sure to bring lots of happiness.
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the frosting
- 1 tub Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
For the topping
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Organic jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Melt 1/2 cup of unrefined coconut oil in a small bowl. Whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil and coconut milk. Add cake mix and whisk until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With a 1/4 cup scoop, spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake until just set, about 16–22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in cupcake pan for about 5–10 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a small round cookie cutter or the back of a large frosting tip to remove cupcake centers and fill with organic jelly-bean candies.
- Spread or pipe frosting over cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut. Top with additional jelly beans.