Miss Jones is a new kind of baking company. By focusing on quality, non-GMO, organic ingredients, this San Francisco-based company is raising the bar when it comes to taking shortcuts in the kitchen.
Their plant-based cookie, brownie and cake mixes are tasty, easy-to-make and SO easy to customize—especially with their complementary line of organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free ready-to-eat frostings. Each mix can be baked using conventional or vegan ingredients, so you can bake something for everyone. Taking inspiration from classic, scratch-made flavors, Miss Jones’ treats are always simple, fun and delicious.
Founder Sarah Jones takes her sourcing seriously, partnering with the most innovative suppliers and using the best sustainable ingredients available. Leaders in the organic baking space, they were the first to bring organic, plant-based frosting to the store shelves. Miss Jones’ brownie mix even beat out Betty Crocker three-to-one in a USA Today taste test.
Jones and her team believe that the best baking experiences are centered around inspiration and creativity, so they have developed an ever-evolving collection of recipes and baking hacks to bring even the most ambitious projects to life.
Decades ago inside a corner store, a nine year old Chris Mears on roller blades stealthily slipped a piece of candy into the pocket of his jeans and rolled his way to the door. He was stopped, did his time, and reformed his ways, but his sincere love of chocolate still remains. Now a certified grown-up with a penchant for unwrapping candy bars mid-afternoon, Chris wanted to find a way to make his guilty pleasures less incriminating. And yea, verily, so became Little Secrets, an incredible candy brand that sources the best ingredients, says nahhh to any artificial anythings, and understands hiding a bag of our candy-coated chocolates in your top desk drawer.
We don’t pretend to be good at everything … or even most things. But where we lack in geography bowl trophies we make up for by being really, really good at making candy-coated chocolate.
We’re all about sourcing the best ingredients, using Fair Trade Dark Chocolate, and creating premium blends without any artificial ingredients, flavors or colors because the words “delicious” and “natural” can and should absolutely go together.
Pretty regular at everything else, but our candy game is on point. And like any good little secret, sharing is always optional.
Spooky Secret Cupcakes
Makes 8 extra-large cupcakes
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs or 3 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted, or oil
- 1 cup Milk or water
- 1–2 pkgs. Little Secrets Dark Chocolate Candies
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
- Large muffin pan
- Large muffin liners
- Large piping tip (optional)
- Large piping bag or plastic bag (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large muffin pan with large cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and oil. Add in cake mix and whisk until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 – 2/3 full and bake for 16–20 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched. Cool completely.
- Use the back of the large piping tip or a serrated knife to cut a well in the middle of the cupcakes. Fill with candies and then cover with frosting. Throw a few more candies on top and enjoy the surprise as everyone takes a bite!