Decades ago inside a corner store, a nine year old Chris Mears on roller blades stealthily slipped a piece of candy into the pocket of his jeans and rolled his way to the door. He was stopped, did his time, and reformed his ways, but his sincere love of chocolate still remains. Now a certified grown-up with a penchant for unwrapping candy bars mid-afternoon, Chris wanted to find a way to make his guilty pleasures less incriminating.
Little Secrets is all about sourcing the best ingredients, using Fair Trade Dark Chocolate, and creating premium blends without any artificial ingredients, flavors or colors because the words “delicious” and “natural” can and should absolutely go together.
Like any good little secret, sharing is always optional.
Birch bending, like pancake making, is a great American tradition. Birches are slender, supple trees that bend down and return you to the ground when you climb them, like a fishing pole under the weight of a catch. Matt, Birch’s founder, spent his summers bending birches. Years later, he would bring that same playful spirit to his love of pancake-making, and eventually, to the brand he hoped to share with the world.
The idea behind Birch Benders was simple: to make pancakes that are better than at a restaurant and easier than from scratch. After endless work in the test kitchen, and untold hours talking to passionate pancake people, Birch is thrilled to bring you Birch Benders Micro-Pancakery. They’ve obsessed over every recipe, personally tested every ingredient, and the result is delicious.
Birch Benders is an all-natural pancake & waffle mix that’s delicious, healthy, and made by just adding water. Birch Benders strive to offer the best possible pancake experience requiring the least possible effort.
Double Peanut Secrets Pancakes
- 1 cup Birch Benders Peanut Butter Protein Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 pkg. Little Secrets Sea Salted Peanuts
- Syrup and butter, if desired
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast-iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan—we like to use about a tablespoon of oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Mix together Birch Benders and water until just combined—lumps are good! Fold in 1/2 package Little Secrets.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, 1 or 2 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once, cook an additional minute, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Store in a 200°F oven if making a larger batch.
- Top with butter and syrup if desired, and remaining Little Secrets.