Share article Festive Cocktails—3 Ways on:
Hosting a Halloween gathering? Mix up a batch of cocktails in advance so you can spend time with party guests. These three fall festive cocktails will get everyone in the Halloween spirit:
Witches’ Brew (Mulled Wine)
I don’t remember a year when I didn’t love Halloween. Each year I dress up and meet with friends for good food, drinks and a dance party. Whether you host or attend a Halloween party, this recipe will keep everyone in the spirit with fall flavors and haunting hues.
From The Fond Life
- 1 Bottle Merlot or Cabernet
- 2 cups Sprouts Apple Juice or Cider
- 2 med. Oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon + 1 tsp. zest
- 10 whole Cloves
- 10 Cardamom pods
- 4 Cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
- 1 whole nutmeg
- Press 10 cloves into one of the oranges. Juice remaining orange and one lemon, zesting 1 tsp. of the rind and set aside.
- Break up cinnamon into two-inch pieces. Wrap cinnamon, cardamom pods and nutmeg in cheese cloth.
- Combine wine, Sprouts Apple Juice, whole orange with inserted cloves, orange juice, lemon juice and lemon zest in a pot. Twist your spices in cheesecloth and submerge lightly into the mixture, using the pot’s lid to secure the spices in place. Alternately you can tie the spices with twine and throw the whole thing in.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and remove spice bag and whole orange.
- Serve with additional cinnamon stick and orange peel if desired.
Pumpkin Pie Cider Fizz
This pumpkin pie cider fizz is the perfect way to celebrate the first day of fall (or autumn as I like to call it) and the many more to come. It’s sweet, flavorful and fun—and would make a great Thanksgiving cocktail too! Did I mention it’s only four simple ingredients?!
From Nosh and Nourish
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Maple Pumpkin Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 Tbsp. Vodka (optional)
- 1 16.9-oz. bottle Sprouts Sparkling Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider (one bottle makes three cocktails)
- Combine the pumpkin butter and cashew milk in an 8 ounce glass. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in vodka. (Note: if you want to make it a mocktail, just leave out the vodka! It’s still delish.)
- Top with Sparkling Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider.
- Stir with a tall spoon.
- Serve immediately.
For a sugared rim:
- Combine 1 tablespoon coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a small dish.
- Rub an apple slice along the rim of the glass.
- Dip the glass upside down into the sugar mixture.
Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider with Rum Cocktail
As we head into fall, it’s not quite cold enough for warm cocktails but the change in season does call for something new. While bourbon is often associated with apple cider cocktails, this delicious drink with rum, Sprouts Pumpkin Apple Cider and a cinnamon simple syrup is perfect for those crisp days and cooler nights. Perfect for game day or in front of a fire; the hint of cinnamon makes it extra special and warm. Recipe makes two cocktails.
From Creative Culinary
For the Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
For the Cocktail:
- 4 oz. Sprouts Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider, chilled
- 3 oz. Dark rum
- 1 oz. Cinnamon simple syrup
- 5 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- Ginger ale, chilled
- Make the Cinnamon Simple Syrup—combine the granulated sugar and water in a medium saucepan and heat on medium until the sugar dissolves. Add the cinnamon sticks and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and cool the syrup to room temperature.
- Chill two large lowball glasses.
- Combine Sprouts Pumpkin Apple Cider, dark rum, cinnamon simple syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake several times until container is ice cold.
- Fill the chilled glasses with ice, pour the mixture into the glasses, top with ginger ale and gently stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.