Dad’s Day DIY Shaving Balm
Share article Dad’s Day DIY Shaving Balm on:
What better way to say “I love you,” than with a handmade gift? Pamper your pop with this simple DIY cologne balm, dress it up with a meaningful tag and watch him light up.
- 1/3 cup Shea butter
- 1/4 cup Virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Jojoba or sweet almond oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 3–5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Place a small sauce pan over low heat and mix shea butter and coconut oil, stirring until melted. Transfer mixture to a heat-resistant bowl and add in jojoba oil (or almond oil), then the essential oils and stir.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator until solid. Once solid, remove from the refrigerator and whip mixture using a beater. Mix until light and fluffy. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
This shaving lotion is soap-free and will not create a lather, but rather a protective barrier between the razor and skin. Swish razor in water between strokes and enjoy!