The leaves are starting to change and there’s a crispness in the air. That can only mean one thing … fall is here! It also means that it’s time to dust off those cozy, family cookbooks and make sure you’re fully-stocked with all of your favorite holiday spices, like cinnamon, nutmeg and, of course, vanilla. With its sweet, velvety flavor, it is no wonder vanilla is the flavor most synonymous with the season.
Whether you’re looking for vanilla beans or extract, Simply Organic® Vanilla is vegan-friendly, naturally gluten-free and comes from small farming villages in Madagascar—one of the world’s best vanilla-growing regions. Simply Organic Vanilla can add a rich, creamy, sweetness-enhancing flavor to all of your holiday recipes.
Check out these mouth-watering, seasonal recipes to get you in the holiday mood:
Use Simply Organic Vanilla Extract to highlight the rich flavors of your baked goods. From cocoa to clove and ginger, vanilla is the perfect flavor to bring out the best in your desserts.
- Ginger Spice Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Moist cupcakes made with clove, ginger and cinnamon, paired with a rich and creamy vanilla frosting make for the perfect holiday dessert.
- Cinnamon Clove Pumpkin Pie – Turn your classic pumpkin pie into the talk of the town using sweet vanilla extract, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg. With a flaky, buttery crust and decadent filling, this pie is anything but ordinary.
Be adventurous! Don’t limit vanilla to sweet recipes—it can also be used to intensify many savory dishes as well.
- Sweet & Savory Cinnamon Stuffed Squash – Caramelized apples with vanilla-glazed walnuts, pistachios and cranberries make the ultimate stuffing for festive acorn squash.
- Citrus & Vanilla Glazed Chicken – Made with fresh orange juice and sweet vanilla extract, this lively sauce makes the finest glaze for savory baked chicken.
Same Sweetness, No Alcohol:
Simply Organic’s organic, non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring can be used as a one-for-one equivalent to vanilla extract.
- Vanilla Banana Pudding – Fresh bananas combined with the rich flavor of vanilla and sweet cinnamon make a refreshing after-dinner dessert. Top with crushed gingersnaps for the perfect amount of spice.