MEET THE BRAND: Torn & Glasser
Making Chocolate-Drenched Dreams Come True
Covered in Delight
Chocolate, especially the dark variety, is one of life's ethereal pleasures. It can also be beneficial to your health by helping to protect against heart disease, high blood pressure and other health maladies.
In the Sprouts Bulk Department, we take chocolate very seriously, with dozens of chocolate-coated options that can satisfy your sweet tooth and help dissolve a bad mood. There are chocolate-covered blueberries, cranberries, edamame, almonds, raisins and much more.
Consider one such item: the chocolate pretzel, where salty meets sweet while crunch combines with velvety decadence. Turning a pedestrian pretzel into a chocolate-cradled creation is no easy feat. Those lucky pretzels go on a journey that makes us a little envious, complete with a ride under a chocolate waterfall. The process, known as enrobing, ensures an even coating of chocolate. Treats that have gone through the enrobing process have a telltale flat bottom and include pretzels, gummy bears, banana chips and some nuts.
In addition to enrobing, there is another coating process known as panning, where chocolate is sprayed on while the candies/nuts/fruits tumble around in large machines that look like oversized cement mixers. Panning gives an even coat and signature sheen to the sweets. These treats include chocolate-covered raisins, almonds and peanuts.
One company that has mastered both processes is Torn & Glasser. In 1928, Torn & Glasser started out growing walnuts and watermelons in Southern California. They expanded to carry a full line of nuts, dates, candy and dried fruits and have been dedicated to high-quality products ever since. Today they are processors, importers and packers of nuts, dried fruits, beans, rice, spices, candies and grains, and they supply Sprouts with a good portion of the items found in the Bulk Department.
Look for these (among many other) Torn & Glasser chocolate goodies:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Malt Balls
- Dark and Milk Chocolate Almonds
- Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Seeds
- Milk Bridge Mix (a mix of chocolate covered jelly and cream candies)
- Milk Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears
- Dark and Milk Chocolate Covered Cashews
- Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- Dark and Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins
- Milk Chocolate Coconut Almonds
- Dark Chocolate Covered Goji Berries
- Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Chocolate Flavored Carmel Popcorn